* Not once does anyone, including most of the fanbase, question Kirino's sexuality, only whether she has a complex about her big brother or not - even though the activity that kicks the whole story to a start is playing erotic games that focus on pretty ''girls''.
** Really? To me, Anime!Kirino's in a ''fucking TransparentCloset''.
** Kirino constantly talks about little sisters, plays tons of games about having sex with little sisters, gets super excited about real life little sisters, has a room full of picks of anime little sisters, wants more than anything to have a little sister. [[SarcasmMode How could you possibly think she was gay]]
*** I think the implication here is that her obsession with little sisters is actually an expression of her far more serious obsession with her own big brother. Yes, she plays a lot of sister games, but she identifies more with the sisters than with the male protagonist.
*** Thats true enough after the series starts, but Kirino was completely obsessed with little sister based eroge and anime long before she even started talking to her brother.
**** Which '''could''' hint at her being a brocon ''long'' before the series started, which is plausible. She might not be obsessed with her own brother specifically because of anything other than him being her older brother, or not. It's about as likely as her being a closeted lesbian at the very least.
* Who would be the titular character? The title ''refers'' to Kirino, but it uses a first person pronoun making it a phrase stated by Kyousuke. Or is it neither since the title doesn't name names?
** "Titular" character means "the one mentioned in title itself". There is only one main character who could say this line, which is Kyousuke, who has only one little sister- Kirino. And he cant believe she can be cute. How hard is that to understand?
*** "The one mentioned in the title itself" does not mean "the person saying the title". Indeed, for most titular characters, there's nothing to say it's specifically them saying it; for that matter, most titles probably aren't usually thought of as being 'said' at all; it's just that this one clearly is.
** I'd argue that there is no titular character since there weren't any specific names, but the explanation above makes more sense.
** Funny, it reminds of a [[HaruhiSuzumiya certain Light Novel series with same problem]]...
** "Titular" does no always mean "Main".
** They're both titular characters. Kirino is the titular ''imōto'' (little sister), Kyōsuke is the titular ''ore'' (I, or 'my' in keeping with the translation of the whole title). So, there is no ''the'' titular character; there are two distinct ones.
* Maybe age laws are different or something and I am woefully uninformed, but why is Kirino, a middle-schooler, legally allowed to buy eroge?
** The same way sufficiently mature-looking teenagers get away with buying porn -- she lies about her age.
** [[OrSoIHeard Supposedly, the eroge industry was very pissed that the anime made it looked it was easy for underage minors to buy eroge, while it's hard to buy eroge as a minor in RealLife.]]
** That one shop from episode 3 seemed to have a "don't ask don't tell" policy, plus it seems that Kirino buys most of her eroge online; she probably found a source that doesn't check [=IDs=](Japanese Ebay?).
** She buys most of what she wants online. Due to the amount of money she makes she probably has a card tied to a bank account. As for how she hides it...it seems like she's the only one home whenever something is delivered.
* Why is Kirino's dad the bad guy for trying to stop a minor from playing eroge? His reasons might be strawman material, but his motivation is still sound.
** Probably due to ACertainPointOfView and some ValuesDissonance. Most parents probably would be against their kid playing a highly sexualized game, or looking at porn, particularly if its a girl doing it. Thanks to Kyousuke's convincing arguments (that she was still a model student and knew that these things were looked down upon in society, hence why she did it in secret), he was okay with regular anime such as Meruru. However, he was still against the eroge games, and Kyousuke in episode 3 even admits that he can't refute that, hence why he made his desperate attempt and claimed those games were actually his, and that he forcefully uses Kirino's computer in order to play them. Although it is a bit strange that the dad was okay if those games were Kyousuke's, who's also underage for them.
*** DoubleStandard for the win in that regard. Though admittedly there is a big difference in maturity between 17 and 14 years of age.
** He's the bad guy because the writer believes that eroge is harmless and Kirino has a right to indulge her hobbies. By stopping her from buying porn, her father is infringing upon her rights and inhibiting her individuality. Obviously some intense ValuesDissonance here, but given how lightly incest is treated that's not unexpected.
* How did Kirino's hair color change from dark brown when she was a child to blonde?
** She dyed her hair... it's stated when Kyosuke sees her for the first time like that and has a hard time recognising her.
* So, does Kyosuke have amnesia? How can he be so oblivious to stuff that no doubt were mentioned on the table. At first it seems the family is very distant, but then we are shown they eat together and talk about stuff, and his mother even mentions he doesn't know stuff she mentioned to him.
** He might have just not been paying attention. Most people don't remember every little thing they've heard or seen.
** Kyosuke isn't oblivious. His parents don't really care about keeping him informed. They were alright not telling him about Kirino leaving for America and the only reason he found out is that he asked about it rather than his parents bringing it up. Even if they left it to Kirino to explain, they still didn't care enough to discuss it.
* Where is Kirino's closet? Her room has a door, which is normal door sized, and a wall of normal thickness. So where is her closet? the wall is much thinner than the closet, and there is not protrusion in the hall. So how does it work?
** The upstairs hall stops immediately past her door, and there's another door at the end. Assuming that leads to a very shallow closet (like a linen closet), Kirino's closet could be right behind it.