* Oh, an empty Mother 3 page... Well, something that bugs me in this game... Claus. Not Claus as in, "himself", but the ''OTHER'' [[DummiedOut Claus(es).]] He just... bugs me. [[NightmareFuel ...In my sleep, too!]] Will we ever find out what he was really supposed to do in the game?
** I'm assuming you're talking about the Claus backgrounds. A good theory out there is they're supposed to represent Claus' [and Lucas's] current mood in the fight. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbvvbgVC1U
* How do you pronounce Claus, anyway? Chuggaaconroy says it Cl-ow-s, but the handbook makes a pun - Claus for concern.
** You can pronounce it either the German way (Cl-ow-s) or the French way (Clow), whichever tickles your fancy. Both are canon. Same with Lucas' name, you can leave off the s if you want.
** Nintendo spelled his name as Klaus in Lucas' Brawl trophy so it could be "claws."
** The original Japanese is クラウス, which is pronounced like Chuggaaconroy does.
* Why did Locria (or Fassad) help the Pigmasks get the needles? He should have known he would have faded away if his needle was pulled like the other Magypsies. So did he have a death wish?
** "If I'm going to disappear, I'm [[TakingYouWithMe taking the world with me]]."
* If the Masked Man pulled more Needles than Lucas, NOTHING. WOULD HAVE. HAPPENED! When Ionia was explaining the story to Lucas, s/he said that legend told that if someone with a heart of evil pulled the needles, the heart would be passed on to the Dragon to satisfy wicked ambition. But, as Ionia pointed out in the very same scene, the one who pulled the Needle HAD NO HEART AT ALL.
** Pretty sure the implication was that if the Masked Man pulled more needles, his lack of soul would be reflected in the dragon, meaning that the dragon, and with it the world, would blip out of existence. A heart of good or evil could control the dragon and make it do their bidding, but no heart at all would create a destructive void that may very well take the universe with it. [[spoiler: Porky knew this, and that's why he set up the unique conditions of making the Masked Man in the first place]]
*** Yes, WordOfGod confirmed this.
**** This troper wonders...Claus obviously still had a heart, otherwise Mother 3 would have ended with Lucas getting killed by the Masked Man. Perhaps the Dragon would be able to sense the heart that the others couldn't?
***** ''Claus'' had a heart. The Masked Man didn't. Between [[spoiler:Lucas and Hinawa's ghost's efforts, he regained lucidity for a few moments and killed himself; if he hadn't he'd have gone back to being a heartless machine.]]
* How old is Kumatora again? No-one I know seems to agree, with the only estimate being 'somewhere between Lucas and Duster'.
** The debug mode lists her as a kid (Pre-Timeskip) and adolescent (Post-Timeskip). So she's not an adult.
** Well, if she's an adolescent, then how is it that she gets to work at Club Titiboo, but Lucas can't get in because he's "Underage"?
** She could be just barely of age. Plus, she's hot. That might be all the reason they need.
* Why oh why did the good people of Tazmily feel the need to bury Hinawa IMMEDIATELY, while Flint was in jail? I mean, how long was he going to be in there- two, three days tops? They just couldn't ''possibly'' put it off long enough for the poor guy to attend his own wife's funeral?
** Because the sooner they got it out of the way, [[StepfordSuburbia the sooner they could return to their "perfectly normal" lifestyle.]] As someone mentioned in the Main page, it's also why they act so cold towards Lucas when he's grieving.
** There's also the fact that because they've been mind-wiped so that everything is innocent and idyllic, the people in Tazmily are strongly implied to not know how to cope with truly bad situations. It's one of the reasons why, when Hinawa dies, Flint gets the news in such a bad way. They simply don't know how to effectively deal with something outside of their utopia anymore.
** Also, they're clearly living with a per-industrial-age level of technology, so a dead body would not last long ''at all'' with the stuff they got. They had no choice but to bury her immediately, just for the sake of sanitation and keeping her body recognizable. (And given the size of an adult Drago and the fact she died by being bitten by one, it's safe to say her body wouldn't be too easy to recognize as it was.
* Why didn't Lucas just use Lifeup on Flint after the Masked Man hit him with PK Love?
** Because when you revive your other party members, the Masked Man uses a powerful attack (granted, it's usually PK Thunder). The same thing would probably happen if Flint was revived.
* If you use Boney's Sniff command on the Masked Man, the game says "But he didn't smell anything." However, at the end of the final battle, we get the line "Lucas remembered Claus's scent." How come Lucas, a human, can remember a scent better than Boney, a dog?
** Claus had taken his mask off? Or, you know, to remember something and to actually do it are quite different things.
** Alternatively, Boney may have been closer to Lucas than to Claus.
* How is Dr. Andonuts still alive? I mean, does this mean that the events of Mother 3 really take place only a few years or so after Videogame/EarthBound? But Porky said he traveled through centuries to get to when Mother 3 takes place. I always assumed that Dr. Andonuts used a time machine because he's a scientist, but I can't ignore the possible InferredHolocaust of everyone and everything we know and love from Videogame/EarthBound.
** [[KidnappedScientist Who said he time traveled voluntarily?]]
** He definitely did not come of his own accord. Porky kidnapped him to make the chimeras and design the safety capsule, which he sabotaged in payback. As for the timeframe, while Andonuts indirectly references Earthbound's events and says "but that was a few years ago", it doesn't mean anything. Porky has been travelling for hundreds of years and the implied level of technology in Mother 3 seems at the very least decades ahead of Earthbound as well. It's quite likely that the events of Mother 3 did not happen until well beyond Ness and co's lifetimes.
** Last time we saw Porky was in the final sequence of Earthbound, which happens in the past, no? So he possibly took the long way home from then, and kidnapped Andonuts a while after the events of Earthbound.
* I've always wondered this ever since I found the FF.Net section for Earthbound. Why, oh WHY does everyone pair up Lucas with Ness?! They don't even EXIST WITHIN THE SAME TIME PERIOD! And, the only time they saw eachother was in Brawl, and on the movie screen at NPC. Now, you might be saying, "Oh! There was Ho Yay with them in the Ruined Zoo!", which I don't believe at all. They were friends, but not lovers, and besides, if a boy just randomly came to save your life, and when you saw him get shot down you ran like a coward, wouldn't you feel guilty and disappointed with yourself that you couldn't find him and repay his kindness?
** Shippers gonna ship, dude. It's best to leave it be.
** This question applies to ''any'' fandom. And maybe it hasn't occured to you, but when it comes to most shipping, logic is ignored. Just browse the fanfiction archive in the Super Smash Bros category, and you'd be surprised at how much Samus/Solid Snake, Link/Pit, Kirby/Pikachu ([[GottaShipEmAll any crossover combination in the character roster counts, really]]) there is. Why is that, you say? The answer is very simple: shippers don't care that the characters are from completely different universes or hate each other's guts, as long as they think they look hot/cute together, that's enough of a reason they need. Ness and Lucas account for that rule as well. Simple as that. If you get confused and maybe even angry at this revelation, then maybe the shipping community isn't up your alley.
* This might be a touchy subject, but why didn't Lucas just use PK Healing after Claus/The Masked Man dies?
** If we don't go the StoryAndGameplaySegregation route, it says that characters "got hurt and collapsed" if they lose all their HP in battle, so they're probably not dying, just falling unconscious or whatever. So PK Healing just returns them to consciousness, rather than outright bringing them back from the dead. Alternatively, Lucas knew that he couldn't truly resurrect his brother - he'd just be bringing back the Masked Man, who would continue killing them all and then pull the last needle. Alternatively alternatively, Lucas did plan on resurrecting his brother, but he pulled the needle first, and [[TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt well...]]
* During the MushroomSamba sequence, Lucas and the gang and soak in a hot springs to rejuvenate the, but Boney opts not to. When you snap out of it, you can go back there... and you find out that the exact spot of that "hot springs" is, in reality, a toxic waste pool.
** ...but you still get healed from it during your acid trip.
* When the Barrier Trio is defeated, Lucas has an opportunity to pull out the Needle. Until the Pigmasks and Masked Man show up. But even when they DO show up, it takes them about 26 seconds to land, five seconds to get into position, they even pull out the red carpet (literally) for the Masked Man, and he stands around for four seconds. It takes him ten seconds to strike them down. All in all, that's ''46 seconds''-- nearly a minute. '''It takes SIX SECONDS to pull out a Needle.''' What the hell was Lucas doing? Wouldn't the first thing to come to mind when he heard the anthem be, "Oh shit, the Pigmasks are coming-- I better pull out this Needle, and fast!" instead of just going "...daKoTa..." for nearly a minute?
** Well, it certainally MIGHT have been possible to pull the needle in that time, but there are some factors that are in play here. One being that Lucas and co had just survived a possibly difficult battle with the trio. Another thing is that while the Pigmasks were putting on a show, they, as well as their certainly nearby commander hovering somewhere overhead for his entrance, could throw off with the fancy reintroduction and cut to the beating-the-heros-senseless part. The party would probably be a little at a loss of what to do, and certainly a tad bit dazed from the sudden appearance of the Pigmasks.
* Why doesn't the Masked Man know PK Love Omega when you fight him at the end of Chapter 7? He must have known Alpha before pulling the first needle, and he's pulled three needles at this point, so he should have learned Beta, Gamma, and Omega. Why is the highest level of PK Love he uses Gamma?
* How did Flint survive the Masked Man's onslaught against him as he defended Lucas, if Claus couldn't withstand the lightning that he summoned to reflect back at him from Lucas's Franklin Badge?
** Same reason Darth Vader was killed by the Emperor's Force lightning, I imagine: It fried his machine parts, which were keeping him alive.
* Why would Fassad be so much nicer to a mouse that got involved with him offscreen than he was to Salsa? Considering ''how'' he lost Salsa, I very much doubt he'd regret the way he treated him.
* Why, exactly, do fanartists always draw Claus with green eyes? Is that ever canonically confirmed? It because one of his eyes flashes green when he's [[spoiler: the Masked Man?]] Because I'm pretty sure that was part of his cyborg upgrade.
* Is anybody going to talk about the fact that The Masked Man isn't wearing a mask? He's wearing a helmet. With a visor covering most of his face, but a helmet nonetheless. What was he called in the original Japanese version, if anything different?
** Being masked doesn't necessarily require that you have a literal mask; anything that blocks the face from view even partially is masking it. In fact, it's helping that he's using a helmet too since [[spoiler: Claus' orange hair would be a dead giveaway.]]
* How can Dr. Andonuts possibly make the Absolutly Safe Capsule absolutly safe? Nothing is absolutely safe!
** Well, it's absolutely safe in the regard that it's impossible to enter or damage. Andonuts suggests a double-meaning though, that in sealing away Porky for eternity it made the ''rest of the world'' "Absolutely Safe (from Porky)"
** I'm refering to the notion that it's impossible to damage. Nothing made by mortals is absolutely invincible! How does Dr. Andonuts know for sure that his Absolutely Safe Capsule is incapable of being destroyed by the Dark Dragon if he never even saw it's power!?!
** He can build an absolutely safe capsule for the same reason he can build a time machine or transplant the party's brain waves into robots: He's Dr. Andonuts.
* How do Flint and Alec find each of Claus's shoes without finding Claus himself? Even though he's supposedly dead, who would have removed his shoes, and why? I'm pretty sure that he himself didn't remove them to help Flint find him. Lucas already objected to him setting out to avenging Hinawa, and putting two and two together, he would've known that Flint would also have stopped him.
** I think he just happened to lose them while climbing the mountain. What was pretty much a relatively casual stroll for the player probably would have been a lot more grueling in-universe, especially for a small child.
** Alternatively, removing one's shoes before committing suicide is common in some cultures, maybe Claus planned on joining his mother as well as avenging her.
* Salsa's Monkey Mimic ability allows him to copy any enemy move. Including PSI and firing a cannon. ''How?''
** Because monkeys. Don't question it.
* How can Duster possibly kick enemies if he limps while walking?
** It may be that he uses his bad leg to kick, which opens up another question. Also, why can he fall a painful height and [[ThreePointLanding land perfectly]] without excruciating pain shooting straight up his leg?