* Why does Jason bother to cover his face at all? He used a potato sack (or whatever it was) in the first couple of films, so it clearly was not for RuleOfCool (not that a maybe undead, psychopathic murderer would/should care about that anyway). His sole purpose in life seems to be to terrorize and/or kill anyone 13 or older that he comes across-- his hideous mug would be great for doing the former (as seen in Jason Takes Manhattan). There's no chance he's THAT sensitive about his physical deformities, is there?
** Looking for anything resembling genuine characterization in the series is a mostly lost cause, but there are occasional signs throughout the series that at the end of the day, Jason Voorhees is an angry, cruel ten-year-old boy in the body of a seven-foot-tall immortal serial killer. He's actually reasonably sensitive about his disfigurement, to the point where he may wear the mask so he doesn't have to look at ''himself''.
*** And "Jason Takes Manhattan" has him show he knows how ugly his disfigured face is, considering he lifts his mask to scare away some guys bothering him because he didn't have the time to kill them.
** Yes he is that insecure about his looks. It's a hold over from when he was alive and whatever caused his mental handicaps also left him deformed as a human and children can be cruel. In addition everything we've seen about his origins are at all true the camp counselors were typical teenage pricks and probably gave him more than his fair share of shit.
* Where does Jason keep getting new outfits? In many of the movies (especially the first few) Jason has a completely different set of clothes to the last one. Does he go shopping or something?
** Out of Verse because keeping realistic clothing damage between multiple films would be nearly impossible, it's probably supposed to be the same outfit and the props department didn't give a shit. It's hard enough to keep things consistent in one movie. Inverse Jason is larger than your average male but not monstrous. It's not difficult to believe that he's able to scavenge enough clothing from the two parks (Crystal Lake and whatever the neighboring Camp from Part III) and the surrounding city. It's not entirely clear how far Jason's territory extends and he only seems to change between flicks which other than the first few films are implied to be years apart, usually long enough for the notoriety of Jason to die down some. A few years is more than long enough to grab one or two outfits and Jason is shown to be clever enough when he needs to be.
* In the original: If Pamela Voorhees' ultimate goal was to stop the camp's re-opening... Why didn't she just kill Steve and be done with it (Other than the obvious "She's insane" handwave)? No yuppie funding, no camp revival.
** It's probably not just about closing the camp, it's also about sending a gruesome message to neglectful councillors everywhere. Also,keep in mind Pamela's a vengeful sociopath who blames the entire camp for her son's death. Just listen to the speech she gives Alice. In her twisted mind, ''everyone'' associated with Camp Crystal lake is guilty.
* When and how does Jason age? He goes from a skinny teen in the original to a hulking adult in the sequel almost literally over night.
** Jason in the original was Alice's hallucination/dream. She never saw him and imagined what she ''assumed'' Jason looked like - a zombie kid in the lake. The sequel [[RetCon reveals]] that he was actually alive all along and had over two decades to mushroom into a hulking man. What's ''really'' wierd is that in these years he apparently has never bothered to inform his beloved mom he was, in fact, alive.
* In the second movie how did Jason manage to track down Alice? Did he just look her up in the phone book?
* In ''Part III'' Jason is shown attacking Chris in a flashback with a knife. However after he loses it he just keeps chasing her and then... she wakes up at home. So... what did he do to her? He obviously neither killed nor mutilated her and, considering that it's [[SexIsEvil Jason]], it's unlikely he raped her either. Did he just drag her around the woods then dump her when he noticed she'd passed out? Why?
* Since Freddy and Jason are in the same universe, what happened to Freddy Krueger when earth one was destroyed in ''Jason X''? Does he forever roam around in dream world since there are no earthlings to terrorize and kill?
** Freddy and Jason are not in the same universe. Jason vs Freddy, like AlienVsPredator takes place in its own continuity. However Freddy has shown in the past to be quite the rules lawyer when he needs to be. The most likely answer is that he either hitched a ride in someone who was descended from the Elm Street kids. Or even though the ships we see in Jason X are named after monsters that could just be that batch and somewhere there's a batch that were named after trees. A nightmare on Elm ship is the exact sort of thing Freddy would find hilarious.
*** That, or someone had the ''spectacularly'' bad judgment to name a ship after Freddy.
* In part 2 Jason was strong but not insanely strong, his killings were mostly by element of surprise and in the end struggled to subdue the final girl's boyfriend [[spoiler: who survived the fight]]. Come the next movie that supposedly takes place mere days after, he is suddenly strong enough to not only dispatch everyone with easy, but at one point he squeezes a guy's head so hard ''his eye rockets out of his socket''. On top of that Jason was heavily wounded at the end of Part 2, so, if anything he should be ''weaker'' here. He also somehow grew much bulkier between movies, but that can probably be chalked up to TheOtherDarrin. I wonder specifically if there can be an in-universe explanation for this, since I know [[EarlyInstallmentWeirdness the real one]].
** Adrenaline? Or maybe his rage at being injuries supplemented his strength?