* Pureblood rely on fabricants to work for them as they have forget how. Why would Unanimity sic purebloods on fabricants for just a cover up and inevitably dooms everyone?
** [[spoiler: Unanimity was hoping that by causing purebloods to hate fabricants even more that even the moderate anti-slavery movement would be abolished and that there would be even more control over the fabricants and purebloods.]]
* Perhaps not so much a headscratcher, but does Sonmi's genetic line survive to the events in Sloosha's Crossin' an' Ev'rythin' After and beyond? Do any escape Earth to the off-world colonies? The film does not give any direct clues as to whether the Sonmi-451's and Yoona-939s line survives, or any of the other fabricants. Is it possible that Zachrys sister Rose is directly descended from a fabricant herself?
** The book implies that there was some kind fabricant revolution along with pureblood nuclear wars, and some descriptions of the slightly mutated looking humans might imply that fabricants found a way to reproduce and mixed with pureblood humans.
* In the film, how exactly does the comet pass between people? (The Blu-Ray extras make it pretty clear that same actor = same soul) They ''do'' explain that Halle Berry got the comet from Ben Whishaw through sex, and using the same logic, Jim Sturgess and Ben Whishaw both travel on the ship in the first story, but the other three don't make any sense (especially between the fifth and sixth stories, since Tom Hanks has most likely already died and reincarnated by the time Somni sees the film he was in).
** The comet represents ''us'', the audience. The comet is on the protagonist of each story, just like the audience's attention.
* Why does Goose concoct such a crazy con with such a tedious process? Wouldn't it have been much easier to yank the key off Ewing and then throw him overboard, claiming he fell off? Considering that Ewing, as the Captain points out, has little to zero seafaring experience, it's not that farfetched. And furthermore, did he even *try* to open the trunk without the key? It doesn't appear to have been terribly strong.
** If you throw him overboard, somebody might see you do it. It's much better to just poison the guy.
* Why is Zachry possessed with visions of the devil? No other character has this problem.
** It could be something specific to him (like some sort of disorder), but the other people in his tribe could also have visions that we just don't see. They're relatively primitive and we don't know the details of the fall, so they might just have a hallucinogen (like ergot) in their diet or there could be something environmental that causes them (maybe some sort of radiation or signal from the communication station, which could be why he seemed to have them more as he got closer).
** Considering that pretty much everyone is mutated and dying on what's left of Earth, I took it at something physically wrong with him.
* Why does the Unanimity use such an elaborate headpiece device to deliver essentially a captive bolt to the head?
* Mauna Sol is apparently on Big Isle, which is in Hawaii. But it is the exact same location from which Sonmi~451 sent her transmission, which was in New Seoul, which is within view of Old Seoul, which 4,700 miles away from Hawaii. How is that possible?
** You didn't notice that they took her away from Neo Seoul to a faraway island to make the transmission?