* About [[http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2009/09/04/186-pichu/ this one]]... Pichu suddenly evolves, but at it's at a moment when he appears to be pretty upset. That's a Happiness evolution, is it not?
** "Happiness" is something of a misnomer- a more accurate term for the statistic in question would be "how much it likes its Trainer". As the "trainer" in this situation is "the Smash Bros", his fear of being fired made him realize how very much he liked being where he was, increasing that liking to the requisite level for evolution.
** [=TriforceBun=] admitted he forgot about how Pichu evolves in the games.
* In "If It Takes a Lifetime," is Mario simply reliving his whole life and getting a chance to try again, or is he being reborn into new, parallel universes? Because obviously Peach wouldn't still be there after ''seven'' lifetimes.
** PeggySue via time travel, most likely.
** This is fan fiction we're dealing with here, you know that? Mario probably only stays dead for six seconds and respawns at the last checkpoint.
** You're missing the point. The point is that no matter how long it takes, no matter how hard Mario has to fight, he'll rescue the princess from Bowser and save the Mushroom Kingdom.
** Wait, hold on. I'm the one who said time travel, but in the one with the impassable pit, his corpses are still in the pit after he dies over and over again. What's going on ''now?''
*** Normally I would just say RuleOfFunny, but being serious, here's what I think. Remember how in Super Mario Bros., when Mario dies, he jumps in the air and then falls off the stage completely? That wouldn't leave a corpse, at least not in a visible area. With the impassable pit, by jumping into them over and over, his corpses eventually piled up and allowed him to cross. As for the respawning thing, I believe that whenever Mario - or any game character - dies, then the player continues playing from the last save point, they're in an alternate universe that is exactly the same, except they (possibly) don't die at that spot. So it's more of a "reborn into a new parallel universe" theory. That's just what I believe though.
* A RealLife question: So how ''does'' Matt avert the copyrights law with things like the Dededoll, mugs, and T-shirts? Do they all count under "parody clause" or did Nintendo allow a special waiver here?
** He asked Nintendo for permission, and they let him sell those.
*** That was actually pretty nice of Nintendo.
* Luigi manages to draw the Master Sword in comic 457: Luigi's Holiday Vacation. Only the Hero of Time can draw that sword, and that's Link. How did Luigi draw it?
** Luigi became the Hero of Time by being in the right place at the right time before Link.
** Also, it's pretty well-established in the series that the Sword's definition of the ChosenOne isn't ''that'' specific that only one person can ever draw the sword, and that its wielder must prove themselves worthy (otherwise why the need to jump through hoops to get the sword in ''every'' game in which it appears?). Luigi just proved himself worthy.
** [[Franchise/AceAttorney OBJECTION!!]] It's stated in ''[[VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaSkywardSword Skyward Sword]]'' that only Link may wield the Master Sword.
*** Only Link in ''[[LoopholeAbuse that game]]'' or only Link ''period''?
** Well when they say that, they say that he is the only one from that world that can wield it. I bet the goddesses never thought about a plumber from Brooklyn when they made that restriction.
* In the Holiday Vacation comics, why does the trainer in Dedede's one think Dedede is saying his name, but the Bug Catcher still hears the Thwomp as "Urgh!"?
** Because Dedede is in the Pokemon world, and he's obviously not human, so trainers will see and hear him as a Pokemon. The Bug Catcher was in the Mushroom Kingdom, where that rule doesn't apply.
* In [[http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/02/14/545-divide-by-hero-part-1/ Divide by Hero part 1]], did Ganondorf forget about the [[http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2012/12/21/457-luigis-holiday-vacation/ dangers that plumbers pose?]] Is this from a different timeline or something?
** Considering Link's still wearing his regular outfit I'd say yes, alternate timeline.