[[folder: Made Harsher In Hindsight by Real Life Events ]]
* Not too long ago, Greyhound unveiled a series of billboard ads with the phrase "There's a reason you've never heard of 'Bus Rage'", mere weeks before a passenger was murdered and beheaded aboard a Greyhound bus in Canada.
* [=WaMu=] [[OfficiallyShortenedTitle (Washington Mutual Bank)]] ran ads in the mid-2000s showing that they kept the "stuffy old bankers" penned up where they couldn't get in the way of their innovative financial services. Then they folded in the 2008 banking crisis.
* Pretty much any pro-smoking ad or cigarette commercial falls under this after it was revealed smoking is a leading cause of cancer.
** But some are more egregious in their harshness than others, such as [[http://youtu.be/D-y_N4u0uRQ this Camel ad]], which stated that more ''doctors'' smoke them than other brands.
* After 2012 Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend, Nike pulled a poster featuring the track star, which contained the tagline: "I am the bullet in the chamber."
* [=FedEx=] did a commercial where Steve Irwin (of Series/CrocodileHunter fame) was bitten by a snake, and croaked because the antivenom wasn't shipped by [=FedEx=] and didn't get there. Of course, it wasn't a snake that ultimately killed him, but still...
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTitP5_yDUU Lose weight with AYDS!]] Yeah, about that...