* In the ''Literature/WhateleyUniverse'', Jade gives Ayla a literal pair of them as a prank... and thereby inspires other students to come up with their own more or less successful versions in turn. The whole thing escalates until the headmistress ends up banning them.
* [=Kawaii RanChan=] on livejournal has an odd habit of adding in her own twist on what she calls her shoulder angels assigned to her by a division of angels in Heaven called Angels Inc., which is a company that assigns guardian angels to people in need. The angels themselves always take the form of characters she likes, OOC or not, that way to actually get her response. It is hinted in a few entries from her good angel that "we're less guardian angels, more invisible friends" — which is all just her own satire about herself. Doesn't make her less crazy.
* Subverted on the [[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/3606-Give-In "Give In"]] episode of ''WebVideo/LoadingReadyRun'', when the main character is trying to decide if he should shoot someone, and [[spoiler: he goes ahead and shoots the guy before his good angel has a chance to give his point of view. The good angel is quite annoyed by this.]]
* ''Website/SFDebris'' gives [[Series/StarTrekVoyager Janeway]] these. Befitting his interpretation of her as an insane tyrant, no angel appears. Instead she has a devil, whose advice she dismisses as "religious crap"; an atom, who can only offer suggestions about the behavior of atoms like combining to form a molecule or splitting to release energy; a cowboy, who is terrified and just wants to get out of there (i.e. away from Janeway); and a spider, who always recommends eating people. Initially she goes with shoulder cowboy and decides to leave, and later listens to the devil, who she mistakes for the cowboy because he's now wearing a cowboy hat.
** In a later episode she decides to obey the spider, because it's now wearing the cowboy hat. No other advisers appear, suggesting the spider ate them all.
** One skit has a [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUjuPh4jf-Y two-minute video]] where a guy named Chris prepares to [[ADateWithRosiePalms masturbate]] after his roommate leaves. He begins to take off his shorts when his shoulder devil encourages him to jack off naked. When he starts taking his shirt off, his shoulder angel encourages him to keep his pants on in case his roommate returns earlier than anticipated. The conversation goes on until they hear a car pull up. The shoulder angel begs Chris to wait until later, but the shoulder devil gives a [[DownplayedTrope heart-warming speech]] about how there's not going to be a later. Chris [[spoiler:and the angel]] strip naked. [[spoiler: [[DownerEnding And then his roommate walks in.]]]]
** Parodied in [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEd92pIoBEo this]] sketch, where the devil, the angel, and several other characters are trying to convince an UnluckyEverydude to put his tax refund or paycheck towards something else instead of his student loans, and to just default on those. Although they all have different reasons.
* When Valerie walks out on Roy midway through ''[[WebVideo/TheCartoonMan Journey of the Cartoon Man]]'', angel and devil versions of Roy appear to debate whether or not he should go after her.
* [[http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Well__0x2e__0x2e__0x2e__that_0x27_s_one_way_to_Roundoff__0x2e__0x2e__0x2e_.aspx This article]].
--> "When it comes to talking about Microsoft Access, it seems that two tiny versions of me *poof* into existence, each sitting on a shoulder. The guy on my right wears a suit and always reminds me how great of a tool Access is because it empowers small organizations to develop productivity and information systems. The other guy, sporting a "l337 h4x0r" tee and cut-off jeans, screams in my ear that "Access is a complete abomination" and that the tools to create applications should not be put in the hands of laymen."