!!Disney's 1957 TV Show
* The 3rd episode, 'Zorro Rides into the mission' gives this moment when Captain Monastario, the BigBad on the first story arc, tried to arrest Don Ignacio Torres, who took sanctuary in the Mission of San Gabriel. Padre Felipe pointed out to Monastario that he is not allowed to arrest Torres so long as he has sanctuary in the church, which leads to this;
--> '''Monastario''': And who would know if I just took him by force? We're a long way from both Madrid and Rome.
--> '''Padre Felipe''': [[DeadpanSnarker True, but I'm not far away from that flower pot, with which I can bash you over the head, until my faithful Indians can come to the rescue.]]
!!Isabel Allende's novel
* The LemonyNarrator has sarcastic comments for everyone, including [[spoiler:herself]]:
** When describing the methods of the Francescan monks to recruit and convert Indios the narrator makes disparaging comments on their habit of using lazo and stick and explain that La Perouse more compassionate methods had been dismissed by most of them due a most unfortunate circumstance: he's French.
* Toypurnia was baptized [[OverlyLongName Regina Maria de la Inmaculada Concepción]]. [[RealityEnsues She promptly forgot most of it]], and went either by Regina (later Regina de la Vega) or Toypurnia depending on the situation.
** When describing don Alejandro's mansion, the narrator explains that he's also making experiments to find a new and better way to preserve meat to sell to the sailors, and adds that, due the mansion being close to the sea, the smell of such experiments influences the migratory paths of whales.
** When Zorro first wears his costume, the narrator points out what the mask actually hides: Diego's humongonous bat-like ears.
!!The Japanese anime
* [[RunningGag Every time Lolita's parents try to convince her to marry Diego]].
** Most of their motivation is because they're in somewhat dire straits and the La Vega family is rich, and they believe they'd be able to influence Diego, but Lolita's mother has another reason: both of them are crushing on Zorro.
* Episode 3:
** When he learns that Lolita is engaged to Diego Gabriel challenges him to duel for her hand before the whole city. HilarityEnsues.
** After the 'duel' Gabriel, having proved that Diego is a mollusk, asks Lolita to break her engagement and become his fiancee… Only to learn she ''hates'' soldiers and anyone wearing a uniform, her rant leaving him looking at her with his mouth hanging, much to the laughter of the viewers… And the in-universe witnesses.
* Episode 4: Lolita picks a fight with some soldiers abusing their authority, and Diego, trying to stop the fight, gets targeted. [[DeadlyDodging The soldiers attempts at beating up and then just killing Diego have to be seen to be believed]], just as their faces when Gabriel, who ''really'' was just passing by (he was on patrol) orders them to stop murdering his hated romantic rival to try and make a good impression on Lolita.
* Episode 5:
** At the start of the episode Diego takes part to games to celebrate the end of the harvest, and does well when it comes to crawl over a rope and jump on a saddled barrel hoisted at good height over the sea while still keeping his cover. [[RunningGag Lolita's father tries again to convince her to marry Diego]], only for her to reveal to the world that not only she's already in love with someone else but that someone is ''[[LovesMyAlterEgo Zorro]]''. Poor Diego has a FaceFault... [[HilarityEnsues While still on the barrel]].
** Later in the episode Diego interrogates Garcia, offering him wine to get him to talk... And then runs away without paying.
*** [[BrickJoke When Gabriel throws Diego in the rough sea, Garcia states it's divine punishment for not paying the tab]].
*** And later still, Diego as Zorro ''orders Garcia to forget the debt while holding him at swordpoint''.
* Episode 6:
** Bernando warning Diego of a group of bandits (actually working for Gabriel) riding toward Lolita's home, telling him he wants to take part to the action... And being left behind tied up.
*** After fighting the bandits and being nearly killed due their leader using hypnosis on him, Diego comes back home, tells Bernardo he's OK and falls asleep next to him... Who is ''still'' tied up.
** Gabriel saying Lolita is ''shy''. Sure, [[ItMakesSenseInContext there's a reason for it]], but still...
** Gabriel has framed Zorro for the heist, but Lolita says she doesn't believe it, and reveals that she knows how to recognize the bandit leader in spite of the mask due having wounded his right forearm. Then Bernardo, Lolita, her parents and Gabriel remember that Diego has a wound right there... And for a moment ''even Gabriel'' entertains the idea, before they all get a good laugh.
* Episode 7:
** Lolita showing jealousy toward Diego, backpedaling once she realizes it was a misunderstanding and claiming that no girl would fall for him... And then correcting herself, [[ItMakesSenseInContext as he has apparently broken the heart of a cow]].
*** Later she catches Diego with a girl (actually the victim of Raymund's latest scheme, that Diego is trying to help reach the town so she can claim her inheritance). HilarityEnsues (at least until Gabriel shows up).
** Raymund has put road blocks around the town to stop the lawful heir of the late Don Fernandes from claiming her inheritance, and Diego is trying to smuggle her, disguised as a shepherd, through Garcia's block, and offers him a case of wine in exchange:
-->'''Garcia:''' "This is bribery!"\\
'''Garcia:''' "Well, I can't refuse such a gift... Let them pass!"
*** As Diego, Bernardo and the heir are passing through Garcia orders them to stop... Because her poncho has the worst stench he has ever smelled.
** After Diego was imprisoned with the heir Lolita comes to help, tries to convince Garcia to let her pass by feigning jealousy, and when that fails she [[ShowSomeLeg lifts her skirt]]... [[SubvertedTrope To reveal a bottle of wine]]. That one works.
** The soldiers going crazy due the plan Diego suggested to Lolita, namely a dozen people disguised as Zorro distracting them.
*** The finale: Garcia, remained alone guarding the jail, is confronted by Lolita and Bernardo dressed as Zorro, Lolita suggests him he should faint... And he ''immediately'' produces a bottle of wine and knocks himself out.
* Episode 8 has Lolita trying her hand at astrology. HilarityEnsues... [[MoodWhiplash At least until she predicts a murder and it happens]].
* Episode 9: [[ItMakesSenseInContext Garcia and the vase]].
* Episode 16 revolves around Raymund buying a katana, [[KatanasAreJustBetter believed to be able to cut another sword and the guy wielding it]], to gift it to the governor, and the fight between the soldiers escorting it, a group of bandits trying to get their hands on it, and Zorro trying to prevent it from falling in the wrong hands. In the end the leader of the bandits gets it, slashes at Zorro, who blocks... Turns out it was a ''bamboo sword'' painted to look like a real katana, and nobody in California knew it. HilarityEnsues immediately, and then again when the governor and Raymund find out.