* There is a moment during Mission 14, "Virtuous Circle" where the mission becomes hilarious and never stops being hilarious. [[spoiler:It's when Maxine comes out as a DungeonsAndDragons player. It only becomes funnier when Sam Yao and her begin planning their next game. That you are being ''chased by zombies'' to obtain their D&D supplies only makes it funnier.]]
** During the same mission: Sam: "Who knows, maybe they will make a game of the zombie apocalypse!" Maxine: "[[WhoWouldWantToWatchUs Don't be ridiculous!]]"
* The radio broadcasts.
** One in particular has someone commenting on an influx of sport bras being brought in. Eugene and Jack further add that one runner specifically seems to have a fixation on them: ''you''.
** There's one broadcast when Jack and Eugene explain ROFFLENET, and they do it like a sort of cheesy infomercial. "What is it, Eugene?" "Well, gee, I'll tell ya, Jack!" By the end of it, Jack has begun saying things like "Golly, mister!", laughing almost too hard to say anything, while Eugene (also laughing) pleads for him to stop.
** Another funny thing about Radio Abel is the interaction between Jack and Eugene. Usually, Eugene is the Straight Man to Jack's Wise Guy, with Jack making silly, often painfully awful jokes (Zombie stand-up...) and Eugene nipping the worse stuff in the bud. But this dynamic switches when something... conspiracy-theory-ish comes into play. Eugene's favorite person to listen to on the radio is Father Michael, a paranoid Scottish holy man who rambles into the air waves about how the whole apocalypse is a pre-planned zombie conspiracy. Eugene doesn't ''believe'' it, but he finds it amusing all the same. Jack thinks Father Michael is creepy. And when a caller with an obnoxiously thick hill billy accent comes on and mentions that he thinks it's all a conspiracy to steal people's guns, ''and'' that zombies see via heat and that the best way to hide from them is to cover yourself in cold mud, Eugene states emphatically that the call in question is his favorite so far. Jack has to tell the listeners in no uncertain terms that covering yourself in mud will not save you from zombies, while Eugene tries to convince Jack that it might be true.
** [[LargeHam RUNNER ZERO IN THE FOREST OF]] '''''[[LargeHam FEAR]]'''''
* In the downloadable PDF handbook, Chris [=McShell=] is titled in the Runner's Roster as the [[MundaneMadeAwesome "BAMF statician."]]
* In the fourth side mission of Season 2, Janine De Luca mentions that they've had a few zombie celebrity sightings, including "the zombified members of One Direction. Ironically, they were all shambling in ''different'' directions."
* In the 5K trainer, the incredibly meek and quiet Dr. Myers at one point imitates a zombie as a way of trying to motivate you. It's the cutest, most adorable zombie gurgle ever.
* Near the beginning of Mission 13, Dr. Myers scolds Sam for ogling the photo of a woman in the [[spoiler:Pandora Haze patient files]]... until she sees the picture herself and has the same reaction.