* When David and Jennifer first arrive on Falkens island they are dive bombed by a [[spoiler: Pterodactyl]]. It's not as weird as it sounds.
* Also, a bit of dark humor, to be sure. [[spoiler:As JOSHUA/WOPR is preparing to launch the nukes, and it has become readily apparent that preventing it would be difficult, to say the least, General Beringer, who was opposed to the WOPR system in the first place, decides it's the appropriate time to give his evaluation of its efficacy.]]
-->'''General Beringer:''' [[spoiler:Mr. [=McKittrick=], after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system ''sucks.'']]
** Which further results in this exchange:
--->'''[=McKittrick=]:''' [[spoiler:I don't have to take that, you pig-eyed sack of shit.]]
--->'''General Beringer:''' [[spoiler:Oh, I was hoping for something a little better than that from you, sir. A man of your education.]]
** Also features the general telling the computer tech to not run in the war room. "Someone might get hurt." That might also be a ShoutOut to ''DrStrangelove's'' "You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" line.
* '''Falken''': "Ah, John, I see your wife still picks your ties."
* How David scams to get sent to the principal's office: insulting the biology teacher...
-->'''Teacher''': Tell us who invented asexual reproduction?
-->'''David''': Your wife?
* EddieDeezen and MauryChaykin codifying computer geekdom for Hollywood.