[[folder: Bee in the City ]]
* [[BreakingTheFourthWall The fourth wall basically doesn't exist in this reading, making for some great meta jokes.]]
* Sari, Professor Sumdac, Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee all coming down with a bad case of DullSurprise when the Professor's newest invention (predictably) goes haywire.
--> '''Professor Sumdac''': [[StatingTheObvious Oh, my! This is not going to turn out well!]]
--> '''Everyone Else''': ''[[DullSurprise Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.]]''
* While Shockwave and Optimus argue back and forth. Optimus points out that Shockwave isn't using proper grammar. Shockwave is not very appreciative.
--> '''Shockwave''': Items of cosmic significance like this Allspark-powered key are contraband in Axiom Nexus, and I will not allow you to DeusExMachina your way out of this.
--> '''Optimus Prime''': [[DeadpanSnarker Deus ex machina isn't a verb.]]
--> '''Shockwave''': [[BigShutUp SILENCE!]]
** Earlier, Sari attempted to get Shockwave to let her go since she's "just a little girl." Doesn't take.
--> '''Shockwave''': Child, the only way you could make me more suspicious is if you were wearing a ''[[MythologyGag yellow hard hat.]]''
* Shockwave calls Optimus "Rescue Roy" before examining him, and it's most certainly a case of MaliciousMisnaming given it occurs mere moments after Optimus corrects Shockwave's grammar.
** He also specifically starts with Optimus to avoid, in his own words, [[TeasingCreator "delving too deeply into any dark secrets of this girl's past that the audience might find too interesting."]]
--> '''Sari''': What? It's not like I'm some hyper-advanced, human-like robot my dad made or anything. That's silly.[[note]]This reading was done on April 26, 2008, a little over two months before ''A Bridge Too Close, Part II'' would air and confirm that that WAS the case.[[/note]]
** Optimus' reaction to Shockwave's routine Matrix Check is... [[HeadTiltinglyKinky interesting.]]
* After a cutaway we return to Bumblebee getting lunch at a drive through somewhere instead of thinking of a plan to help his friends.
** This bit actually leads to [[WesternAnimation/BeastWars Beast Wars Megatron's]] glorious entrance into the plot, hurrying Bumblebee along because he's taking too long at the drive through and Megs is ''famished'', [[VerbalTic Yesssss!]]. After welcoming Bumblebee to Axiom Nexus, he hastily comes up with the pseudonym "Joe" to avoid conflict.
* While explaining the Transtechs xenophobia to Bumblebee, Megatron takes the opportunity to make fun of Beast Wars and Animated's divisive receptions.
--> '''Megatron''': Why, when I came in they thought that I and my kind would destroy the Franchise. *chuckle* I mean... The Multiverse.
--> '''Bumblebee''': You too, huh?
* After hearing about Sari's Allspark Key, Megatron agrees to help Bumblebee rescue his friends, asserting that he's a [[BlatantLies heroic Predacon]], after quickly checking if Predacons are a thing in Bumblebee's home dimension.
* Bumblebee and ''"Joe"'' drop a few names while trying to think up a rescue plan.
--> '''Bumblebee''': We need help. ''BIG'' help! Maybe we can rig up a communicator and call in [[TyrannosaurusRex Grimlock]]. Or maybe con [[DumbMuscle Lugnut]] into helping us out.
--> '''Megatron''': Oh, please. What do I look like, Creator/ScottMcNeil?
* [[RunningGag Throughout the reading]] Bumblebee is mistaken for other [[KidAppealCharacter Kid Appeal Characters]], much to his irritation. [[note]]Flareup has to clear up if he's a Bumblebee or a Hot Shot, Megatron calls him Cheetor and Sideburn, and one of the Allspark created robots calls him Wheelie.[[/note]]
* The way Megatron is defeated, [[spoiler: Bumblebee tells all the robots that Megatron brought to life with the Allspark key that they'll have to fill out paperwork to be part of Axiom Nexus' society. They don't take it well and immediately turn on Megatron.]]
* The reason neither side mentions the events of this little excursion? Both sides independently of each other decide "LetUsNeverSpeakOfThisAgain".