* In ''Tomb Raider I'' and ''Anniversary'', [[spoiler: you can use a hand from the statue of Midas to turn lead into gold. However, if Lara climbs on top of the hand, [[TheManyDeathsOfYou she will turn into gold too]]. The sheer unexpectedness of it all, as well as the notion that TheDevTeamThinksOfEverything, will catch you completely off guard]].
* In ''Tomb Raider II'', Lara is surprised by one of Bartoli's mooks, who zipwires in, tries to gun her down, and ends up crashing into the locked doors to the Temple of Xian:
--> '''Lara:''' ''(aiming a pistol at the dazed mook)'' [[DeadpanSnarker Pardon me, if that was just your way of trying the doors for me]].
* Larson and Pierre in ''Chronicles'':
--> '''Pierre''': ''(sarcastically)'' You were kicked in the head by a horse, oui, so the brain doesn't work correctly?
--> '''Larson''': ...How'd you know about that?
** In the same scene:
--> '''Larson:''' You's one clever cookie, boss.
--> '''Pierre:''' [[StealthInsult Comparatively, yes]].
** In the opening cutscene when Larson and Pierre are chasing after Lara in a stolen taxi - she jumps off her scooter and ducks under a half-closed gate, which Pierre [[EpicFail stupidly thinks is high enough to fit the car through]]. This exchange follows while they are still speeding towards Lara:
--> '''Larson:''' We ain't gonna make that gap, boss.
--> '''Pierre:''' We'll make it.
--> '''Larson:''' Ain't gonna.
--> '''Pierre:''' ''We'll make it!''
--> '''Larson:''' What did I ''tell you?''
--> '''Pierre:''' ''(looking as though he's about to start a major tantrum)'' ''Mon Dieu!''
** Later on, Pierre orders Larson to search Lara's person. Larson is a bit ''too'' enthusiastic about this task, prompting Lara to give him a hefty [[GroinAttack knee in the groin]].
* In ''Tomb Raider: Anniversary'' - At the end of the Peru level, Lara reaches Qualopec's tomb. When closely examinating The remains of Qualopec, one of the Atlantean guards standing next to him roars and falls down, providing an effective, if unsurprising, scare moment. It turns funny when Lara aims her guns at the (now unmoving) bodies and quickly switches between them.
* In ''Legend'' at the beginning of the Ghana level, Lara is at the base of an enormous waterfall. Pulling on a rope triggers an enormous mechanism that ''parts the waterfall'' prompting Zip:
--> '''Zip''': Ooooh, ''that's'' where we put the temple!
* In ''Tomb Raider III'' at the end of the level Thames Wharf, Lara gets ambushed by an assassin at a bell tower with a massive bell, who tells Lara who he works for after Lara bests him. He manages to get his gun back, points it at Lara, and states that he could retire from the money his employer put on Lara's head. Prompting this response:
--> '''Lara''': Then you might want to mind the bell?
--> ''(The mook turns around, sees the bell swinging at him, attempts to run but is hit and [[DisneyVillainDeath is thrown off of the edge of the tower]])''
--> '''Lara''': [[BondOneLiner Happy retirement.]]
* In the original ''Tomb Raider'', there's a cutscene between Lara and Larson that's pretty chuckle-worthy.
--> '''Lara''': '''after disarming him''' Well, you have my total attention now. I'm not quite sure if I've got yours though. ''(aims her gun at him)'' Hello?
--> '''Larson''': ''(in his thick southern drawl)'' Oh, I'll heel n' hide ya to a barn door yet.
--> '''Lara''': Of course.
--> '''Larson''': You and that drivelin' piece of the [[MacGuffin Scion]]. You want to keep it so bad? I'll harness it [[CurseCutShort right up yer--]]
--> '''Lara''': Wait, we're talking about the artifact here?
--> '''Larson''': Damn straight we are! [[CurseCutShort RIGHT UP--]]
--> '''Lara''': Hold on.
* In ''Temple of Light'', DLC lets you swap out Lara and Totec with either [[LegacyOfKain Raziel and Kain]], or KaneAndLynch. The latter [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf-94fHkMIQ is particularly entertaining]], as it churns all the dialogue between Lara and Totec into an escalating salvo of [[ClusterBleepBomb censored cuss words]] between [[SirSwearsALot Kane and Lynch]].
** This gem at the start of the KaneAndLynch DLC also deserves an honorable mention:
--> '''Lara''': [[ButNowIMustGo When I'm gone]], [[TempleOfDoom this place will be lost again...]] [[TheEndOrIsIt but for how long?]]
--> '''[[GilliganCut 2 Days Later]]''' (Kane and Lynch [[LateToTheTragedy arrive after the adventure...]] [[NiceJobBreakingItHero and unleash]] [[SealedEvilInACan Xolotl]] [[OhNoNotAgain all over again]].)
** Another [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpe1FPqD6Y4&list=PLE6A98B8C878C29EF&index=1 with the start of the]] LegacyOfKain DLC:
--> '''[[MeanwhileScene Meanwhile]], [[AlternateUniverse in another world...]]''' ''and, [[TimeyWimeyBall kind of in the past]].''