* In ''Heir to the Empire'', Leia goes to Kashyyyk and is greeted by a Wookiee who she can comprehend perfectly, after years of not being able to completely understand Chewbacca. This leads her to assume that Chewie had a speech impediment that he'd never told her about, which Chewie finds absolutely hilarious. It's up to their new guide to explain that Chewie speaks perfectly; it's the guide who has a speech impediment, of a type that humans actually find easier to understand.
** Undermined a moment later, when he reveals that he was used as a go-between for Imperials taking Wookiee slaves off Kashyyyk.
* Han's AccidentalMisnaming moments with the Noghri on Myrkr in ''The Last Command'' when they call him "Consort of the Lady Vader" and later "Han clan Solo".
* Thrawn's SarcasmMode: "Thank you, Ferrier. Your approval means so very much to me."
* The exchange between Han and Lando when calling back to the last time Lando flew the Falcon.
-->'''Lando:''' Nice landing.\\
'''Han:''' [[CallBack At least the communications array is still there.]]\\
'''Lando:''' [[NeverLiveItDown You're never going to let that go, are you?]]\\
'''Han:''' You said, 'not a scratch.'
* C'baoth uses a HugeHolographicHead for the first time.
-->The pause symbol vanished before Thrawn could answer; but it wasn't the standard quarter-size figure that replaced it. Instead, a huge image of C'baoth's face suddenly glared out at them, jolting Pellaeon an involuntary step backwards.\\
Thrawn didn't even twitch. "Good morning, Master C'baoth," the Grand Admiral said, his voice mirror smooth. "I see you've discovered the Emperor's private hologram setting."
* Luke and Mara end up escaping a Star Destroyer ("[[CallBack Let's not try going through the garbage compactors.]]"), which coincidentally has also captured the ''Falcon''. After they make their escape, Mara notices a red light on one of the panels, and gets up to fix it. Luke's response? "Don't bother. Han's got this whole ship so crosswired it'll fly with half the systems out."
* Niles Ferrier, banking on some previous shared history, manages to trick Han and Lando into a meeting with him by faking it as a request from Luke. Later they discuss the possibility that Ferrier had planted a tracking device on their ship, and how best to get rid of it.
-->'''Lando:''' "Well unless you want to throw it onto another ship on our way out, we'll just have to take a detour to drop it."
--> Lando glanced at Han, [[DoubleTake then turned back for a longer look.]] "We're not doing it, Han. Get that look out of your eye."
* After Mara was wounded in the battle for the ''Katana'' fleet, she wakes up months later in a Coruscant medcenter. Ghent, a slicer Karrde had loaned the New Republic, has been watching over her, though he's such an oblivious computer nerd Mara hardly feels reassured. When Mara asks him how the war is going, he distractedly replies that "the Empire's been making the usual trouble." Later, Mara learns what's actually been going on: Thrawn's using quick-grown clones to bolster his forces and start up a new major offensive against the New Republic. Wryly, Mara notes that she should have realized ''anything'' that got through Ghent's bubble of obliviousness must be really important, even if the slicer himself doesn't recognize it as such.