* A majority of the cast get off decent one-liners, due to Hawks' love of DeadpanSnarker characters.
** The thermite destroys the priceless FlyingSaucer. They then find the alien corpse.
--> '''Officer''': How are we going to get it out of the ice?
--> '''Scotty''': [[DeadpanSnarker How about some more thermite?]]
--> '''Hendry''': Knock it off!
** Scotty's gloomy comment on the likelyhood of finding the Thing.
---> "When we lose 'em they stay lost!"
* The radio man's response, cut off by the closing door, to a casual last minute caution by Hendry.
---> "What do you mean guns are no good?!"
* Nikki's immediate response to the question "How do you kill a carrot?"
** "Cook it." Funny because it's given so quickly and nonchalantly that the audience can't help but chuckle at how ''simple'' a solution it could be.
* This line towards Scotty, and Scotty's response.
--> '''Hendry''': Well Scotty, did you get your picture?
** Everyone looks to Scotty, only to watch him fall over backwards as he faints.
* A few times in the film, doors are barricaded shut using wooden beams. This was done at least once against the side of a door that swung ''away'' from the barricade, as demonstrated by the alien opening the door without issue.