* The infamous [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyt03SnAkk "Fighting the Frizzies at eleven"]] comment by news anchor Rolland Smith. This guy's been given an absolutely absurd sentence to read in front of millions of people, and he says it ''with absolute conviction.''
** Fitting during a show with fuzzy-wuzzy Wookiees. ''Maybe they're the mythical Frizzies!''
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86KUAFyPX7w The scene with Harvey Korman as the cooking show chef is actually pretty funny.]]
* The stormtrooper who actually fights Han one-on-one only to lose when he apparently ''[[TooDumbToLive trips over his own gun]]'', [[RailingKill sending him hurtling over a railing to his death]], complete with [[StockScream Wilhelm scream]].
* The sheer fact that ''Darth Vader'' appears in the special (in stock footage with his only line of dialogue redubbed).
* A more straight example: DeadpanSnarker all-business bartender/owner Ackmena can jab as only Creator/BeaArthur can.
-->'''Ackmena:''' ''(to customer)'' Well, I'm certainly not going to get rich with customers like you. I thought I taught you to drink faster than that. Well, at least you're steady.
-->'''Ackmena:''' ''(to Krelman)'' We ''are'' talking. You're not ordering. I'm not pouring. We are not drinking. We are ''talking''.
** After the Empire imposes a curfew, Ackmena goes around the bar, asking each patron to leave so that she doesn't get in trouble. She begs each of them by name, reminding them of all she's done for them, until...
-->'''Ackmena:''' Remember the time I... I don't believe we've met?[[note]]'''[[RiffTrax Mike]]:''' I played [[Series/TheGoldenGirls your mother]] for seven seasons.[[/note]]
* As Jack Packard in ''WebVideo/BestOfTheWorst'' pointed out, if you look hard enough, you can see the exact moment at which Creator/HarrisonFord stopped caring even the slightest bit about being in it.
** Harrison Ford's hilariously uncomfortable reaction when Conan O'Brien surprised him with a clip of Han's tender moment with Chewie's family. One gets the impression that the studio audience's presence was the only thing stopping Ford from murdering him for that.
* The ActorAllusion with Art Carney is pretty funny, even if they did have to crib it wholesale from ''Series/TheHoneymooners''.
* ThisVeryWiki's NightmareFuel page for the special.
* I-Mockery's review points out how the Empire's even more of a CardCarryingVillain than usual.
-->After the cartoon ends, we cut back to Lumpy's room where the troops are tearing it apart in search of anything related to the Rebels. They even tear off the head of a big stuffed animal and then tell Lumpy to go to clean up his room. It's like they're making a point to pick on little Lumpy. As Lumpy cries out in woe upon discovering the severed head of his favorite stuffed animal, the Imperial Officer chuckles, "That will keep him busy for a while." Call me cruel, but I think this is hands-down one of the most entertaining moments of the entire holiday special.
* Carrie Fisher did the DVD commentary of A New Hope in exchange for an official copy of the special. Why? [[CoolAndUnusualPunishment to scare off house guests]] who [[TheThingThatWouldNotLeave outstayed their welcome]].
** She also confessed to being high on cocaine while the special was being filmed... she can't be blamed.