* When Puddleglum breaks the Lady's fire-based MindControl spell by grinding out the flames with his foot:
-->"For though the whole fire had not been put out, a good bit of it had, and what remained smelled very largely of burnt Marshwiggle, which is not at all an enchanting smell."
* Puddleglum is briefly shocked out of his morose attitude when Jill [[ShutUpKiss kisses him goodbye]]. After she and Eustace have left to travel back to their own world, Puddleglum [[DeadpanSnarker wryly]] utters one of the most positive remarks he's made in the entire book: "I would never have dreamed of her doing that. Even though I ''am'' a good-looking chap."
* Trumpkin's crochety refusal to use his EarTrumpet leads to several hilarious misunderstandings--for instance, he hears "The girl's called Jill" as "The girls are all killed"--all the while complaining that nobody speaks clearly the way they used to when he was young.
** In his day they had ''Talking'' animals, not ''Mumbling'' Animals!
** There's also his mishearing of Eustace's name as Eustace being called "useless" and ''agrees'' with it. It seems that Eustace hasn't entirely escaped being the ButtMonkey of the story.
* The description of how centaurs must wake up early each day to eat breakfast, which lasts for hours! It's because they have both a human's stomach and a horse's, and so must eat a full meal for both.
** And that is why it is a ''very'' serious matter to ask a centaur to stay for the weekend.
* Puddleglum's (mostly) put on drunk act in the castle at Harfang. "Respectibiggle..."
* MURDERERS! FASCISTS! LIONS! IT ISN'T FAIR!!!