* "[[RunningGag Badgers]]."
* After Nahruahan gives a speech eleven lines long, consisting of a single sentence:
--> Alaric stared. How had the boy managed that entire last sentence in one breath?
* "It was impossible. Dragons weren't real. Except that he was staring at one right now."
* "Alaric could just imagine the new line in his resume--''Saved old woman's life by carrying badgers up a hill in a rainstorm''."
* After Alaric [[spoiler: turns Laeshana into an orah and tells the entire court he's going to marry her.]]
--> '''Nahruahn:''' [[spoiler: "Great! I knew you were going to get married! Can I teach your kids how to pop?"]]
* Karetzina's six badgers: Diamond, Jasper, Opal, Beryl, Amber, and [[TheLastOfTheseIsNotLikeTheOthers Lord Broccoli]]. Three guesses which one was named by her youngest nephew.
--> '''Nahruahn:''' I held out my hand and with a deep voice declared, ‘Pigs! Arise!’”
* Nahruahn and Alaric's conversation right after [[ItMakesSenseInContext Laeshana knocks herself out with fire magic]]
--> '''Alaric:''': "Nahruahn. She needs an [[TheMedic aretz]]."
--> '''Nahruahn:''': "You're right, Your Highness."
--> '''Alaric:''': "And we're not likely to find one on this mountain."
--> '''Nahruahn:''': "Probably not." The boy nodded as if Alaric had just stated a profound universal truth.
--> '''Alaric:''': "Which means ''you'' need to take us somewhere that's ''not'' on this mountain. As quickly as possible."
* After the coronation [[spoiler: and Laeshana's transformation into an orah]], they returned to Brightflower. According to Alaric: [[spoiler: "Karetzina was certainly surprised to see Laeshana with her new orah powers. She didn’t believe that it was real until Laeshana popped her badgers across the room. It was hilarious."]]
* Laeshana is in the middle of explaining a world-shaking revelation.
--> '''Laeshana:''': "...But if someone were able to get outside the [Balance]..."
--> '''Alaric:''': "The table would break and the magic liquid would spill out all over the floor."