* First off:
-->'''Know-it-All Boy''': It was five minutes to midnight four minutes ago.
* And [[BrickJoke the payoff:]]
-->'''Hero Girl:''' It's still 5 minutes to 12!
-->'''Know-it-all Boy:''' [[LampshadeHanging It's been 5 minutes to 12 for the past hour]]!
* [[RuleOfThree Let's get one more of him in there]]:
--> '''Know-It-All''' (Reading the word punched on his ticket with his thumb over one letter): ''"Lean?"'' Whatever that's supposed to mean.
-->'''Conductor''' (Examining the ticket): "Lean" is spelled with four letters. I believe I punched ''five.''
--> (Hands it back)
--> '''Know-It-Al''': Hey, are you sayin' I don't know how to...(Reads it again and looks back sheepishly) Oh. I'm sorry. It says "Learn". My mistake.
--> (Boards train)
--> '''Conductor''' (To himself): Lesson learned.
* A blink-and-you-miss-it one. As Hero Boy and Hero Girl are sharing their goodbye hug, the conductor briefly checks his pocket watch and makes an exasperated face that just ''screams'' "Get on with it already."
* Hero Boy telling the hobo that he's "looking for a girl." The hobo howls with laughter and replies "Ain't we all??"
* When the conductor takes off his hat revealing a bald top, thus eliminating any exact likeness to Tom Hanks.