* "This making of Christians will raise the price of hogs. If we grow all to be pork-eaters, we shall not shortly have a rasher on the coals for money."
* There's a bit of FridgeBrilliance when Launcelot tells his dad that he's going to "run as far as God has any ground." It sounds like a BadassBoast...and then you remember that they're in ''Venice''. [[CityOfCanals Not a whole lot of ground to run]].
* When Gratiano says something about Antonio being more important than his wife, his wife, dressed as a man, remarks "I am glad she is not here to witness this."
* When Portia and Nerissa are admonishing their husbands for giving up the rings, they show them the rings. When asked how they got them, Portia said that she slept with the man who had it. Which was her.
* Shylock, of all people, cracks an IncrediblyLamePun while enumerating the dangers Antonio's ships face at sea:
-->"And there be land rats, and water rats; land thieves, and water thieves... I mean, pi-rates."