[[folder: Volumes 1& 2 ]]
* Griffin theorizes that SherlockHolmes disappeared because his fat brother Mycroft ate him.
* Hyde singing while he approaches the Tripod. Jess Nevins, who catalogues all the references, says that he wants the original piece of artwork for that six-panel sequence.
** To make it even funnier, the song he sings ("You Should See Me Dance the Polka") comes from the 1940 adaptation of ''Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'' with Spencer Tracy.
* Every time you suddenly get the subtle nods to famous pop culture icons - like suddenly realizing that "The New Traveler's Almanac" has a cryptic nod towards TheBigLebowski, or recognizing that Alan Moore manages to quote [[TheAndyGriffithShow Barney Fife]] in The Black Dossier.
* Mina and Quartermain having sex in the forest. Mina seems to be getting into it...but then it turns out [[RefugeInAudacity she's actually screaming because killer human-animal hybrids are lurching towards them.]] One who is ComicStrip/RupertBear.
[[folder: Black Dossier ]]
* At the beginning of ''The Black Dossier'', Mina beats the tar out of [[Franchise/JamesBond "Jimmy"]] after spending about ten-odd pages [[ObfuscatingStupidity posing as a shallow bimbo named "Oodles O'Quim"]] [[note]]In Britain, "quim" is slang for female genitalia, by the way...[[/note]]. Later, when Allan shows up to drive her away, he berates her for choosing such a stupid-sounding alias, but Mina assures him that Jimmy was convinced. Allan just shrugs it off and says, "He must meet women with stupid names like that all the time..."
* The entirety of 'What Ho, Gods of the Abyss', a short story in ''Black Dossier''. Creator/PGWodehouse meets Creator/HPLovecraft. Funny on its own. For Wodehouse fans? ''Hilarious''.
** Fans of Lovecraft will get a kick out of Bertie casually name dropping "Cool Lulu", which he believes to be an old Native American enjoying a long retirement at "Riley."
* Also, the [[Literature/NineteenEightyFour Ingsoc]]-approved Tijuana Bible in the same book. Technically, it should be horrifyingly disgusting, [[RefugeInAudacity but somehow, the sheer ridiculousness of the thing makes it funny as hell.]]
** To add further tickle-value, it's basically a perfect mini-adaptation of ''Nineteen Eighty Four''.
[[folder: Century Trilogy ]]
* The fate of [[TheStarScream Campion Bond in 1910?]] Being the butler towards Mycroft Holmes and serving the League their tea. The look on his face as he leaves is a great sight to see.
* After getting into a huge fight with Mina in Century 1910, Alan berates him for his stupid insults. Orland counters and says that wasn't the stupidest thing he's ever said, it was this;
--->'''Orlando:''' Oh, I don't know. There was [[HistoricalInJoke ''Oh look! What a wonderful horse!'' That was at Troy]]
** He then gets another towards the end when he unsheathes Excalibur.
--->'''Orlando:''' Oh, hush. This is the blade of England's greatest defender.
--->'''Mina Muarry:''' Only until you '''stole''' it from him!
* Orlando cock-blocking [[Series/AdamAdamantLives Adam Adamant]] in Century 1969 by bragging about his Arthurian days.
* [[spoiler:Franchise/HarryPotter]] shooting lightning from his crotch. Mature? By no means. Funny? Yes.
** The entire sequence of seeking out the Antichrist is ComedicSociopathy and the joke is that the Antichrist is pathetic, a blubbering, pill popping jerk who locks himself away in a room for days but then stays there for years.
* Skinner takes advantage of his invisibility to sneak up on the League and pinch Mina's butt. Once she realizes who did it and where he's standing, she slaps his unseen face.
--> '''Skinner:''' Ooooh...''Mina''.
** "You are to be clothed at ALL TIME!!" - it's funny in context.
*** "Hello my freaky darlings."
* This exchange:
--> [[spoiler: '''M''']]: So I set my wolf upon you sheep.
--> [[spoiler: '''Gray''']]: (*sniffs*) [[DeadpanSnarker Growl.]]
* Eairly in the film Reed questions Quartemain's sense of patriotism to try and get him motivated into joining the League. The results are less than satisfying for the young man.
--> '''Reed:''' Where is your sense of patriotism?
--> '''Quatermain:''' (stands up with a drink) God save the Queen!
--> '''Patrons:''' (some of the other patrons of the club mutter an apathetic return to the toast)
--> '''Quatermain:''' (to Reed) That's about as patriotic as it gets around here.
* The fight between [[spoiler: Dorian]] and Mina.
--> [[spoiler: '''Dorian:''']] Ah the bedroom, does that give you memories... or ''ideas''?
--> '''Mina:''' Ideas. -GroinAttack-
--> [[spoiler: '''Dorian:''']] If that had been permanent, I'd have been ''very'' upset!
* A bit of small minor humor between Sawyer and Mina. First him trying to make small talk to get over the fact that he watched her first act of Vampirism as well as telling her she missed a spot. Second, Sawyer despite Allan's advice not to, tries and fails to flirt with Mina despite seeing what she did. Bonus points for her teasing him, by only rejecting him for being "Sweet and Young." When he later uses Nemo's Car as part of the plan to save Venice, the impressed look on her face pretty much comically took back what she said to him. Lastly when Venice is saved, Sawyer came back with a bloody lip. She goes to check his wound, but his GenreSavvy senses kick in and he backs away from her breifly, to which she says the following.
--> '''Mina:''' Don't worry, I've had my fill of throats for this evening.