* Volume 10. "A corpse is a corpse/Of course, of course/And no-one can talk to a corpse, of course..."
* "I'm not a geek! I'm a nerd! We're smarter!"
* Earlier example, also from Numata: when Sasayama, er, "persuades" the Kurosagi crew to do some charity work at an old folk's home, he offers to use his corpse-dowsing ability to figure out ''who will die next.'' [[spoiler: It works.]]
* From Vol 6:
-->'''Sasayama:''' It isn't going to be one of those things where I'm going to open it, and there's going to be this woman inside with all her limbs cut off, but still alive?
-->'''Sasayama:''' Nothing... [[MPDPsycho Just something that happened to me once]]. Anyway, ever since then, I've had this trauma about opening anything bigger than a breadbox.
-->'''Numata:''' No worries, man! One, it's a he, two, he's got all his limbs, and three, he's ''definitely'' dead!
* From the first volume:
-->'''Sasaki:''' I say we use this money as a start-up capital...and find the others all around us who need a service for their last bodies...[[TitleDrop The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service.]]
-->'''Karatsu:''' Tell me again...Why'd we agree to her idea...?
-->'''Numata:''' Because we're all completely unemployable?
-->'''Karatsu:''' Oh yeah..right.
* Yet another from Numata: "She's dropping science like Galileo dropped the orange..."
* A corpse appears to have moved under its own power:
-->'''Yata:''' I don't think the police are going to buy that the corpse moved itself.
-->'''Kerellis:''' "No, officer, I'm not saying the dead ''walk'', I'm just saying they ''crawl'' once in a while!"
* Kerellis gets pissed: "I've got a middle finger for you, and it's made out of ''felt!''"
* From volume 12. Numata and Yata [[StrangeMindsThinkAlike both jump separately to the same odd conclusion.]]
-->'''Yata:''' I was just thinking they reminded me of Clara and the grandfather in [[HeidiGirlOfTheAlps Heidi, Girl of the Alps.]]
-->'''Numata:''' (a page later) Old man, it's no use! Clara ain't ever gonna walk again...