* Kvothe's attempts to persuade Elodin to help him study naming.
** "And that is when I decided to pursue the noble art of [[spoiler:artificing]]."
* Kvothe's song parodying Ambrose Jakis, affectionately titled "Jackass, Jackass".
* Almost everything that comes out of Elodin's mouth:
** During Kvothe's hearing to discipline him for writing "Jackass, Jackass" to insult Ambrose, Elodin undermines the Chancellor's admonishments for Kvothe's inappropriate behavior by humming the song the entire time. And then actually singing the lyrics as Ambrose starts to leave the room.
* Elodin again:
** "Wow. Uresh. [[YouNeedToGetLaid Your next assignment is to have sex]]. If you do not know how to do this, see me after class."
** "Master Kvothe, I am trying to wake your sleeping mind to the subtle language the world is whispering. I am trying to seduce you into understanding. I am trying to teach you. Quit grabbing at my tits."
** Getting himself and Kvothe trapped on the roof of the building, in the middle of a storm. Completely naked. The key was in his pants, you see.
** The name of Elodin's class: Introduction to Not Being a Stupid Jackass. Before that, Elodin told him it was "The Name of the class."
** Getting Kvothe back into the Archives by making a deal with Lorren that if Kvothe is caught messing around again, Lorren can cut off Kvothe's thumbs.
--->"What the hell?" I demanded, wringing my hands. "I... What the hell?"\\
"Elodin looked at me, puzzled. "What? You're in. Problem solved."\\
"You can't offer to let him cut off my thumbs!" I said.\\
He raised an eyebrow. "Are you planning on breaking the rules again?" he asked pointedly.\\
"Wh- no. But..."\\
"Then you don't have anything to worry about," he said. He turned and continued up the slope of the roof. "Probably."
** Tricking Kvothe into helping him trash Master Hemme's room. "I live here, what's your excuse?"
* The class where he tried to show them something by chasing around a bunch of flower seeds in the air. He chases them around for about 10 minutes, trips and injures his knee, starts a [[ClusterFBomb stream of cursing]] ([[ForeignLanguageTirade in EIGHT different languages!]]) so vile that it actually makes Kvothe a little sick, inhales a seed and nearly chokes, then just quietly limps out of the room. The best part is Kvothe's closing comment about the whole scene:
-->[[NoBigDeal This was not a particularly odd day's class under Master Elodin.]]
* Wilem getting in on the action:
** "Good job, Ambrose. You caught him. He stole your fire." Said to Ambrose by Wilem after Kvothe saves some of Ambrose's things from a fire... that he started.
*** One of the people in the street adds, "Yeah, make him put it back!"
** Also most Siaru idioms/cusses: "Shit in God's beard!" and "Don't put a spoon in your eye over it."
* Tempi gets one, himself: "Why is the Maer looking at hairy balls?"
** Apparently an [[InvokedTrope invoked]] CMOF, as Tempi's strongly implied to have been intentionally playing the FunnyForeigner in order to ease the mercenaries' tensions. Also counts as a CMOH.
* Ah screw it, ANYTHING a FunnyForeigner says.
* The Adem view on fatherhood. Namely, it doesn't exist, as men don't impact reproduction.
* Kvothe's immediate reaction to the drug Ambose gave him.
-->'''Sim:''' Which is worse, stealing a pie or killing Ambrose?
-->'''Kvothe:''' A meat pie, or a fruit pie?
** The entire sequence is hilarious. "Sim was as patient as a priest, explaining to me that, no, I shouldn't go buy us a bottle of brand; no, I shouldn't go kick that dog barking across the street..."
* "And the boy's ass fell off." Best ending ever. Totally deadpan.
** FridgeLogic So what happened at the end? [[spoiler:The king screwed off the boy's arse.]]
** Tempi being the only one who thinks the joke's funny. "His ass off."
* And then there is the "It's all energy" thing from Sim in WMF, compounded by Denna at the end of the scene.
* Most of the bonfire scene (the one before they [[spoiler: get Denna's ring back]]).
* Kvothe's spur-of-the-moment recreation of the poor Chronicler as a (rather badass-sounding, actually) mythic folk hero on an epic quest that will give local storytellers throughout the region material to create an entire ream of stories, much as they've done with Kvothe himself. Bast jumping in to help only makes it better.