* Like in PercyJacksonAndTheOlympians by the same author, the chapter titles often only [[ItMakesSenseInContext make sense in context]]. But they're nearly always hilarious out of it.
** Highlights from [=ToF=]: "We tame a Seven-Thousand-Pound Hummingbird", "The Ice Cream Man Plots Our Death", "The Revenge of Bullwinkle the Moose God", and "We Visit the House of the Helpful Hippo".
* Carter and Sadie squabbling over the mic, and the occasional mention of what's going on while they're recording. Doubly funny if you're listening to the audiobook version.
!The Red Pyramid
* "Somebody get a can opener, I've got a god stuck in my head!
!The Throne Of Fire
* "Oh noes, vegetables!"
** Said by king-of-all-gods Ra, no less.
* One word: Penguins.
** "Penguin in the fireplace if anyone's interested."
** Expanding on that, anything Felix does or says is funny to some degree.
-->'''Felix''': Yes! I found my path. [[spoiler: I'm supposed to follow the god of ice!]]
-->'''Carter''': [[spoiler: There's a god of ice? [[FridgeLogic Egypt is a desert. Who's the ice god?]]]]
-->'''Felix''': I have no idea!
* Camels are evil...
* Set's introduction in Throne of Fire. Apparently, he likes the name "Rockin' Red Reaper" better than "Evil Day". Then again who wouldn't?
!The Serpent's Shadow
* Shelby is both adorable and hilarious beating the enemy magicians on the butt with her wand and chanting 'Die, die'.
* The interactions between [[spoiler: [[TheHeroesOfOlympus Drew]] and Sadie]] are this and awesome.
* "Sadie, please do not call the Destroyer of Souls 'poochiekins'."
* The return of Hindenburg the camel. "If you're confused think how the criosphynx felt."
* The chapter where Amos/Set is fighting with Sarah Jacobi. Sadie rushes in to help her uncle, only to be nearly killed by Jacobi, and then Walt/Anubis steps in and takes care of her. The words exchanged between Set and Anubis is just lulzy:
--> Set: "That's my boy!"
--> Anubis: "Shut up, Father."
** Also a CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming considering that the two have ''never met'' until this moment.
* Carter's narration about Sadie's attempts in crafting magical statues.
--> Last week she'd created a magical Thermos with googly eyes that levitated around the room, yelling, “EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!” until it smacked me in the head.
** That one could not be a more obvious ShoutOut to DoctorWho...