* On the very first issue, we get an example of just how funny Batman can be when he wants to: The Penguin and his goons are robbing the Wayne Enterprises building, when Batman does his old cut-the-lights-and-make-them-sweat trick. He then drops right smack in the middle of the group without being seen. This ensues:
--->'''Penguin:''' Okay, everybody just stay calm.
--->'''Penguin:''' I said '''stay calm!''' It's only the guards.
--->'''Batman:''' (with a shit-eating grin on his face) [[http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4m7sfRHvU1qabdv7o1_500.png Maybe it's Batman.]]
--->'''Goon:''' Yeah, maybe it's...(cue MassOhCrap reaction)
* In #20, The Perfesser is keeping a diary of his criminal exploits. He, Mastermind, and Mr. Nice do a job in that issue, which Batman naturally foils. At the end of the issue, they're back in jail, where The Perfesser cheerfully finishes writing up his account of the crime with "...ignominious defeat!"
* In Gotham Adventures #34, Maxie Zeus tries to rebuild Rome with the help of a construction team. [[http://imgur.com/gallery/Ld7bDuX/new Cue a question of why a man who believes he's a Greek God would try to rebuild Rome.]]
** Later in the comic, [[http://i.imgur.com/OKFSwVW.jpg Maxie Zeus plays the fiddle while Rome burns.]]
* Bruce's brutal honesty while being on trial in Gotham Adventures #35, from admitting that he's Batman due to taking an oath to tell the truth in court (though no one believes him). Made even better by the following post-trial conversation.
-->'''Old Man:''' Hey, nice job in there. You're pretty good at making arguments. You a lawyer?
-->'''Bruce:''' Me? No. But I used to be very good friends with one.
-->'''Old Man:''' Not anymore though, huh? What happened, he turn out to be two-faced or something?
-->'''Bruce:''' *aside glance* Something like that.
* The entirety of ''The Batman Adventures'' #16:
** Life in the world of comic book publishing:
---> "But I just draw! I can't write!"
---> [[SelfDeprecation "Write?! It's a comic book!"]]
*** Note that most, if not all, of the people in the office were ''actual people who worked there'', the above quote coming from the editor, who was in fact the editor at the time, [[http://theotherscottpeterson.blogspot.com/ Scott]] [[NamesTheSame Peterson]], who has used several of those pictures of him as profile pictures and such. [[http://tinyurl.com/7m97bhj Including]] [[http://scottpeterson.typepad.com/ right]] [[http://theotherscottpeterson.blogspot.com/ now.]] [[note]] second panel, bottom left, background; and third panel, left, yelling[[/note]]
** Mistah J, [[PaperThinDisguise disguised as an ice cream vendor]] in the dead of winter, has this exchange with a kid he's about to kidnap:
--->'''Joker''': Ice cream! Bomb pops! Hey, kid! How about some ice cream?
--->'''Kid''': Ice cream? But it's freezing out here.
--->'''Joker''': Well then, how about a violent abduction instead?
--->''(Joker's goons grab the kid and stuff him into the ice cream cart headfirst)''
--->'''Joker''': Ah, what the heck. Take both, my treat. It's the season of giving, after all.
* ''Gotham Adventures'' #26: Batman's found himself caring for a baby that's wanted by villains, and can't risk leaving him alone, and so goes out to fight crime ''anyway,'' with the baby under his arm. A bunch of crooks aren't impressed... at first.
-->'''Batman:''' You know who I am. You know what I can do. But I am holding a small child here. And if you make me do anything that could possibly endanger this baby... You will be very, very sorry. ''*pause*'' Forever.
** And the thugs immediately surrender their weapons. And then ''they'' have to tell ''him'' he's [[http://asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_daily/990722.html holding the baby wrong]]!
** And when they first see him, one of the thugs is so nonplussed by the sight that he points and blurts out "Babyman!". Batman [[TheComicallySerious doesn't react]].
* In one occasion, Alfred was kidnapped, [[http://asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_daily/992971.html and he easily dealt with them without rising from the chair they had handcuffed him to]]. This is awesome, but the fun comes from ''how'' he did it.
** While one of them is fooled into taking other hostages away, as Alfred didn't want them to hear Bruce Wayne's secret, the other two are hypnotized in falling asleep, and Alfred thanks them for falling asleep so fast.
** When the third arrives, he comes near Alfred and tries to scare him in submission. Alfred tells him the secret, that Bruce always cries when ''[[ShowWithinAShow Crocky's Adventures]]'' is over, and in the meantime ties the thug with the handcuff he had been tied up.
** Batgirl, Nightwing and Robin arrives to finally save Alfred, and find him playing solitaire. When asked what happened, Alfred explains that two of them have fallen over out of boredom, and the other hit his head on something (a baseball bat, as Nightwing points out). And when he arrives, Batman points out it's the ''twenty-eighth time in a row'' that Alfred was kidnapped and dealt with the kidnappers before Batman and co. have the time to save him, and complains about the incompetence of ''all'' his kidnappers.
** Aaaand then he gets kidnapped again at the end of the comic.
*** This is probably based on a Silver Age comic where Alfred manages to defeat a gang of crooks while tied to a chair (although completely by accident that time).