* Entire shorts can be like this, such as WesternAnimation/RedHotRidingHood, WesternAnimation/NorthwestHoundedPolice, Magical Maestro, Batty Baseball, and Symphony in Slang, among others.
* Any cartoon where characters are to remain absolutely quiet and not make ''any'' kind of noise, lest they disturb someone else and risk serious consequences, is sure to become this. This includes ''Rock-a-Bye Bear'' and ''Deputy Droopy''.
* Anytime the eponymous bear from ''Rock-a-Bye Bear'' is onscreen with his NoIndoorVoice.
** "SHADUP! QUIET! I HATE NOISE! I SAY I CAN'T! STAND! NOOOOISE!"
** "WHATSAMATTER?!?! YOU DEEF OR SUMFIN?!?!"
** "I'M GOING TO BED NOOOOW!!!"
** When Spike quietly whistles at the centerfold on the wall, the bear instantly starts beating him over the head. Spike tries in vain to protect himself by putting the centerfold over his head... which clearly does absolutely nothing.
* ''Pint-Size Pygmy'' is a George and Junior cartoon that's been banned from airing due to the main character being a grotesquely racist caricature yet the short itself has some of the strangest and surrealist imagery in all of the Golden Age of Animation including a giraffe who's, in place of his head, ''is another headless giraffe.''
* Butch's mental breakdown at the end of ''Droopy's Double Trouble'', where he screams and starts slapping himself with his own feet.
** Also his breakdown at the end of ''Wags to Riches''.
-->'''Droopy:''' They think he's a mad dog...
-->''cut to Spike/Butch completely freaking out at the back of the dog catcher van, seemingly foaming at the mouth''
-->'''Droopy:'''And he is, too!
* In ''Little Johnny Jet'', the father plane, a B-29, makes clear his loathing for jet planes, because he is outdated compared to them ("Jets, jets, jets...!" he mutters peevishly). And then comes the biggest shock of all when he sees his new son:
-->'''Father plane:''' ''(looking at Junior closely)'' Hey... no propeller!\\
'''Mother plane:''' ''(sheepishly)'' Um... he's a jet plane.\\
'''Father plane:''' ''(freaking out)'' '''''A JET?!?!?''''' JETS, JETS! I CAN'T STAND JETS!!