* Some people decided it would be fun to take on [[EldritchAbomination Ocram]] while playing Terraria on the Xbox 360. When he flies onscreen, their reaction [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxNAhQA69_c is priceless]]. Bonus points for the guy who's recording, who doesn't freak out at all while his friends are yelling "WHAT IS THAT", "OH GOD" and "AAAAAAH SHOOT IT SHOOT IT SHOOT IT".
* A teaser for Ocram's name was released in the form of a hidden word puzzle, which contained his actual name along with several other boss names and unaffiliated names. A meme quickly sprung up around stating "His name is clearly (insert random letter string here)". This persisted even after the name was unveiled.
* [=YouTuber=] [=ChippyGaming=] tried to show off [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdzAaQqm12k 1.2's Orange Torches]]. [[HilarityEnsues Skeletron Prime had other ideas.]]
** Relating to the same topic, [=ChippyGaming=] asked Redigit a question on his Reddit AMA about why Orange Torches were added. Redigit's response? [[https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1n9bmz/i_am_redigit_creator_of_terraria_ask_me_anything/ccgjsuc/ "This really persistent nagging brit."]]
* The message that appears when The Twins summon themselves in 1.2? [[ThisIsGonnaSuck "It's going to be a terrible night..."]]. Even better in that the twins is/are [[ThatOneBoss one of the most annoying bosses in the game]]
* The way gibs work in this game is just ridiculous. No matter how something dies (shot with an arrow, slashed with a sword, falling too far) it will ALWAYS [[LudicrousGibs explode in multiple pieces on death]]. Bunnies, however, don't just come apart. Their pieces go FLYING.
** Even better, Gingerbread Men's gibs during the Frost Moon event have a sad face on their head.
** Gibs are also subject to physics. The entrance to naturally generated Crimson caverns are long, downwardly sloped corridors; dead Blood Crawlers' spherical abdomens are prone to rolling quite a way down them, leading to gory re-enactments of that scene from Indiana Jones. Bonus points if you're actually wearing the archeologist's clothes during that.
* The NPC's each have a number of unique amusing comments:
-->'''Wizard:''' Someone once told me [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic friendship is magic]]. That's ridiculous! [[ComicallyMissingThePoint You can't turn people into frogs with friendship.]]
* [[https://youtu.be/6AgX3jsrTQY?t=1m31s This]] [[ScreamsLikeALittleGirl amazing]] reaction to finding out for the first time that Plantera becomes enraged when lured out of the underground jungle.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3hfIuylV5s Getting Golem's head stuck inside of blocks upon being summoned]] (either from the altar being in a hallway instead of the final chamber in the temple or blocks being placed beforehand) results in the head head tilting to try and get itself back to the body, the glowing eyes are separate sprites so it results in a funny looking tilted head with off-center eyes.
** Even better? [[https://youtu.be/RnVOilNAidQ Getting the Golem to absolutely spaz the hell out over hoik mechanics.]] Watching his body go everywhere as his arms and head try desperately to catch up is pure comedy gold.
* 1.3.1 added many, ''many'' new wiring mechanics to the game, one in particular is the Announcement Box which you can edit like a sign and displays the message to the server when activated, it also accept hexadecimal colors for the text which can lead to playing some playful jokes and pranks on others by, say, making an Announcement Box that says "[c/66FF66:The Blood Moon is rising...]" and activating it when the time reaches 7:30 P.M. or even better, activating one that says "[c/66FF66:[[FinalBoss Impending doom approaches...]]]" to really give players a scare. The harmless nature of these pranks leads to ActuallyPrettyFunny moments with fellow players.