* If you can return all 4 jewels quick enough to Booster during Marrymore, the kissing sequence shows Toadstool kissing Mario....and Booster and Bowser inexplicably kissing each other. One for the scrapbook indeed.
** And if you ''don't'', then you get to see [[FoeYay Bowser kissing Mario]]. Or [[HoYay Booster]]. Or ''[[TakeAThirdOption both]]''!
* At one point, you come to the town of Marrymore. Inside the wedding chapel, Chef Torte and his assistant are baking a cake. Having Mario jump on said cake results in the following reaction:
--> '''Chef Torte''': 'Vat! 'Vat! 'Vat are you doing?
--> '''Assistant''': Oh that's nice, you've stepped on the *they hit Mario off the cake*
--> '''Both''': YOU FOOLS!
** This may be why Bundt attacks (unless, of course, the player didn't do this. In which case, it's still just a GiantSpaceFleaFromNowhere).
** And then after you deplete the boss's health, Booster and his mooks come in and Booster just eats it. That's it.
** If you come back and talk to Chef Torte after defeating Bundt, you find him working on another cake saying "Now ZEES cake vill stay put!"
* A few hours into the game, Mario offers the people of the Mushroom Kingdom a summary of The Story So Far. Of course, since he's a mute protagonist, this involves acting out the events of the game to that point... which in turn involves ''physically transforming into some of the relevant characters'', such as Princess Toadstool (as she was then still known in the West) and Bowser. When he transforms into Bowser, the Toads collectively jump back in shock, and some of them even hide behind the nearest available cover as if he were the genuine article. And when he re-enacts a long fall by disappearing off the top of the screen for a moment, one of the Toads runs over to the door and looks out as if to say "Mario? Now where did he go?"
** Once Toadstool is rescued, the party explains the plot to the Mushroom Kingdom officials. A highlight is Mario portraying the giant sword Exor (complete with matching facial expression), while Bowser portrays his own castle. Ouch.
** Mario's "Exor face" in general, whether he uses it to impersonate Exor or for other reasons.
* Gaz is a boy in Rose Town who idolizes his doll Geno, [[SpotlightStealingSquad at the expense of other heroes]]. When Mario first enters his house/inn, he's pitting dolls of Mario and Bowser in battle against each other. [[TeamRocketWins Bowser wins]] (much to the obvious dismay of Mario, who is ''standing right there''), so he can have his [[MarySue Geno doll defeat Bowser]]. Later on, when the now-possessed Geno tells Gaz that he's joining Mario on a quest, Gaz agrees that Mario needs all the help he can get. Mallow has to physically restrain Mario from decking the kid.
* In the same town, there lives a gardener who seeks to have the legendary "Seed" and "Fertilizer", to make his plant grow. Each time that he's given one of the items, he gets overjoyed, to the point of running around frantically and [[MotorMouth talking really fast]]. The crowner is when said gardener reacts like this '''[[RuleOfThree again]]''' after seeing his plant grow into a beanstalk. Needless to say, Mario gets bewildered reactions.
** And after the seed grows into a beanstalk that reaches into the sky: "Do you think it might need a little more fertilizer?" Cue FacePalm from Mario.
* One of Bowser's weapons is a Mario doll that is most likely intended to be thrown at the enemy. When Bowser uses it, he places it to the side and [[FastballSpecial throws Mario instead]].
** What really makes it funny is Mario's arms flailing when Bowser does it.
* Managing to get the masher has Mario doing his victory pose with the line saying 'you got the masher' then the masher klongs him on the head causing him to collapse...ouch!
* After beating Valentina, Mallow obtains the key to free [[spoiler: his parents]]. He then walks into the palace, Mario taps his foot for a second, then pulls out an umbrella. [[RunningGag It then starts to rain.]]
* Bowser is totally willing to ditch the party at the final dungeon since he's gotten his keep back, but relents when Geno explains that as long as Smithy is still active, he'll just send more troops through the portal over Bowser's Castle.
-->'''Bowser:''' ''(Quietly, to himself)'' More of these weapon-people barging into my keep? What about my..... ''privacy?''
* You can inflict a long WorkOffTheDebt sequence on yourself if you overstay at the Marrymore hotel. Mario acting as a bellhop is hilarious enough on its own, made funnier by the owner's dialogue if you try to take a break, talk to him rather than helping guests, ect. And the former bellhop blocks your exit of the hotel until you pay it all off.
* Just about everything Booster says and does. Highlights include eating Bundt (As mentioned above), tasting Toadstool's tears, and jumping randomly between thinking everything is a game and helping Mario out to deliberately hindering and attacking Mario.
* Exor's face if you [[JawDrop KO his mouth during the battle]]. Also the fact that his mouth is named Neosquid for no real reason.
* On Star Hill you can read a lot of people's wishes. One of them is "I wish I wasn't such a crybaby." Mallow then berates you for not minding your own business.