* On Morgan's first appearance:
-->Have you ever been approached by a grim-looking man, carrying a naked sword with a blade about ten miles long in his hand, in the middle of the night, beneath the stars on the shores of Lake Michigan? If you have, seek professional help.
* Harry, when he was home-invaded by a demon, tells Susan to go drink an escape potion in the basement. He later runs down to find she's still there, so he casts up a very small, circular barrier that will protect them, but will break if they cross it. The kicker comes when Harry realizes...that what Susan drank was a "Super Tequila" LovePotion. He then must try to control her, his hormones, and keep the barrier up. HilarityEnsues.
** This on top of the fact that he was just out of the shower, and buck naked.
* When Harry leaves the wreck of the elevator he's gone a little doolally from the shock of Not Being Dead, and starts screaming at the sky in front of two surprised paramedics.
-->"Take ''that'', Victor Shadowman!" I shouted. "Hah! ''Hah!'' Give me your best shot, you murderous bastard! I'm going to take my staff and shove it down your ''throat!''"
* At the end of the book, Harry is cornered in a kitchen by a horde of rapidly growing scorpions, one of which nearly killed him earlier in the book, with only a broom to defend himself. How does he survive? He casts a spell--one he came up with as a young apprentice to help with the housework--to make the broom sweep the scorpions away and off a balcony while they're still small. It's topped off with this line: "[[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking I'm pretty sure I swept up all the dirt too.]] When I do a spell, I do it right."
* It's funny to think just how many of the plots for the rest of the series trace back to one small line in Storm Front.
--> '''Bianca:''' You're bleeding, Mr. Dresden.