* The liner note essay for the 1998-2000 CD remasters. You have to [[GottaCatchEmAll buy 8 CDs to read the whole thing]] (each CD is accompanied by the part of the essay about that album), but boy is it worth it.
** A highlight is the ''Aja'' section of the essay, which contains an angry conference call between Becker, Fagen, the music writer who wrote the ''original'' liner notes, and a hapless real estate agent who accidentally found his way into the conversation.
* The pretzel cart on the cover of ''Pretzel Logic'' has a misspelled sign advertising "Hot Pretzles". One wonders if this was why Becker and Fagen chose that particular pretzel cart, considering their general meticulousness.
* Quite a bit of their songs' lyrics:
** "Cousin Dupree," a song about a twenty-something loser [[KissingCousins trying to hit on his cousin.]]
** "Kid Charlemagne" snarks at its drug dealer main character, asking "did you feel like Jesus?" This is sort of funny, but it becomes hard not to burst out laughing when Donald Fagen sings "Is there gas in the car? Yes, there's gas in the car!"
*** Owsley Stanley, the man "Kid Charlemagne"s story is based on, was caught by the police [[TruthInTelevision after his car ran out of gas.]]
* During live performances of "Hey Nineteen," the band will vamp for a bit while Walter Becker tells a [[ShaggyDogStory long-winded tale]] which eventually culminates in a reference to tequila. Specifically, that ''special'' kind of tequila. Which Walter can't quite remember the name of. Maybe the backup singers know.
-->''"The Cuervo Go-o-old!"''
* Most of the songs on their 2003 album, ''Everything Must Go'', are at least chuckle-inducing.
-->''Our man Abu squeezes off twenty tracer rounds\\
And that's when she jumps the turnstile\\
And as she clings to the roof of a speeding train\\
The Double A down to Sheridan Square\\
Her cell phone rings\\
It's, like, her stupid father\\
be in the door by ten\\
** ''The Last Mall'', a gleefully sarcastic song about [[JustBeforeTheEnd shopgoers preparing for an immenent apocalypse.]]
-->''Attention all shoppers\\
It's cancellation day\\
Yes, the Big Adios\\
Is just a few hours away\\
It's last call\\
To do your shopping\\
At the Last Mall''
* Their website contains many pieces from Becker and/or Fagen that are as funny as many of their songs. Those [[http://www.steelydan.com/hof.html Rock and Roll Hall of Fame]] pleas from the 1990's mentioned on the main entry are a good example.