* Professor decides to go back for his rucksack. Stalker and Writer are worried he will get lost and die, but decide to press forward through the tunnel. They exit the tunnel and find Professor sitting on a rock, enjoying coffee and sandwiches.
* The dry tunnel is not actually a dry tunnel.
* Professor is a constant source of hilarious situation. But his most hilarious moment is when he's ranting at the stalker when they approach the Room... a phone near them starts ringing, professor denies the call and continues shouting at his now-totally-shocked companions. Only several seconds later he also realizes this phone ''is in the abandoned building several kilometers into the zone, with everything completely wiped out''. Followed by his CrowningMomentOfAwesome, when he decides ''to make a call''.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Plenty, [[BilingualBonus if you speak Russian]].
** Much of the conversations around campfires will consist entirely of Stalkers taking turns telling jokes to each other, many of which are hilarious.
** The A-Life system, asides from creating random and memorable encounters between entities of the zone, can also result in some rather ''strange'' and hilarious circumstances. Surviving stalkers will drag the bodies of the dead off to the side or into the brush, but on occasion the player can come across said bodies piled in the campfires scattered about the zone. ArtificialStupidity? [[ImAHumanitarian Desperate measures for desperate times]]? Viking funeral? One guess is as good as any, though there's something to be said for arriving at a camp to find [[BlackComedy a favorite NPC being roasted like a pig by his surviving friends]]. Sometimes the result appears to be [[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/GMCMA/Other%20stuff/13.jpg a fatal attempt to re-enact a certain scene from Blazing Saddles]].
*** On the other hand, this can be very convenient if the NPC in the fire is someone who carries a unique weapon. Oh, you want Bes's silenced AK but don't want to cap him yourself? Come back in half an hour, he'll be medium rare over the fire pit in the scrapyard. You don't have to kill him...[[BlackComedy you just have to wait for]] [[ImAHumanitarian his friends to get hungry enough.]]
* Occasionally, the AI will lose the squad-based tactics routines and you can wipe out entire squads by standing inside a building with a shotgun and killing them one at a time as they run in the door. Bodies can pile up just inside the doorway, and those remaining outside will immediately conclude that the best course of action is to run in like the last twenty guys did.
** Similar hilarity will ensue if you find a couple of bandits or expendable Loners (if you're feeling cruel) inside a building and have a spare rifle grenade (or an RPG, if you're feeling extraordinarily wasteful). If you're very very lucky, not only will the men inside be killed (instead of relatively unharmed and pissed off at you) but one or two will be in hilarious positions, such as being partially glitched headfirst through a wall with his hindquarters hanging out.
*** Actually this can happen in any indoor area where explosives are involved. Running around in the CNPP at the end of Shadow of Chernobyl, you can kill three or four Monolith troops with a pair of grenades if the planets align properly. How? Kill one with the first grenade and possibly wound the others, then send the body and his gun flying at lethal speeds with the second blast. It's almost impossible to do intentionally, but if it does you've just managed to kill someone with a gun without firing it at them.
* The PA announcements at the Freedom base in ''Clear Sky'' will occasionally be interrupted by arguments between the camp trader, Ashot, and the technician, Yar. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3yzVdCC5PA Listen for yourselves.]]
* Near the path to the good ending of ''Shadow of Chernobyl'', [[spoiler:when going through a PortalNetwork to attack the C-Consciousness, one of the portals [[BigLippedAlligatorMoment inexplicably sends you all the way to Sidorovich's bunker on the other end of the zone before taking you back to the plant.]]]] He's just as confused as you are.
-->'''Sidorovich:''' Marked One? What the HELL!?
** To make this even funnier (in a way), [[spoiler: you can prime a grenade, and will throw it as you teleport into the bunker. And it will blow up '''right after''' he says the line. What the hell indeed.]]
* After the team you form in ''Call of Pripyat'' all makes it to Pripyat and finds out Degtyarev works for the military (which prompts Zulu to leave), all Strider has to say is "I don't give a rat's ass about who anyone works for."--in the same CreepyMonotone he says ''everything else'' in.