* The RunningGag of someone asking for the Deformed Rabbit shadow-puppet whenever shadow-puppets are referred to culminates in Didactylos using it as the punchline to his version of the Parable of the Cave.
* Any time Om [[CutHisHeartOutWithASpoon curses]]. In particular though:
-->"Your sexual organs to sprout wings and fly away!"
-->"Your intestines to be wrapped around a tree until you are sorry!"
* When the skies erupt as the heavens shake from Om's violent return among the gods to stop a war on Discworld, some of the human cower for cover right next to an equally terrified Death.
* Any time [[DeadpanSnarker Pratchett]] brings up the value or merit of philosophers, church bureaucracy, or death traps conveniently placed in large foreboding libraries.
* Near the end of the book, Om is [[spoiler:forcing the gods of Omnia's invaders to order them to cease their war.]] P'tang-P'tang, the newtlike god of a tiny tribe of 51 fishermen, is present mainly because a worshiper of his got dragged along in the wake of the armada by accident. He explains war like this:
-->Remember when Pacha Moj hit his uncle with big rock? Like that, only more worse.
** Said worshiper then wonders why so many people would want to hit Pacha Moj's uncle with rocks.