* This exchange.
-->'''Mother Superior''': There are three vows every nun must take: poverty-
-->'''Mother Superior''': Obedience-
-->'''Mother Superior''': ...and chastity.
-->'''Deloris''': I am ''outta'' here!
* And who can forget her attempt at the prayer before dinner? "Bless us, oh Lord, and these thy gifts ... and, yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of no food, I shall fear no hunger. We want you to give us this day our daily bread ... and to the republic for which it stands ... by the power vested in me, I now pronounce us, ready to eat. Amen."
* Watch Deloris sneak a tomato into her robes when Mary Lazarus isn't working. Watch her try to come up with a name for her old convent from the lounge she used to sing at.
* The choir's reaction when Mary Lazarus claims she knows what Deloris and Mother Superior are up to ("You think I took vows yesterday"): "You're here to replace me, out with the old!" ''(All the nuns excitedly chatter and beg Deloris to take over)'' "There's a word for this: mutiny."
** Followed by Deloris and Mary Lazarus discussing how hard teaching the choir to reach their potential is going to be.
-->'''Deloris''': This is gonna be Hell.
-->'''Mary Lazarus'''': Tell me about it.
* In the same scene, Deloris working to get Mary Robert to project by telling her about a noisy room full of people: "People shouting, dropping things, waitresses saying 'What're ya gonna have?' Your voice has to carry over all that, to the back, where I'm listening, ''straining'' to hear you."
* TheStinger for when Deloris, Mary Patrick, and Mary Robert leave the bar (which itself was a series of great comedic moments): "This turns into a nun's bar, I'm outta here." (In San Francisco, no less!)
** How Deloris manages to stay in character as a nun but still make her wishes known--from grabbing one guy by the ear and telling him "Young man, take your feet down off that stool!" to when one asks her to dance ("Why? You ain't got no rhythm.").
* Better than that is when Joey and Willy are having problems killing Deloris because she's a nun.
-->'''Willy:''' Well, Vince, how do you know she didn't join up and become a real nun while she was there? Things like this happen.
** Then they try a 'one, two, three, shoot', but both chicken out. Finally, they untie Deloris and tell her to take off "the, uh, the, uh, nun-thing." She falls to her knees.
--> '''Joey:''' What is she doing?
--> '''Willy:''' Oh my God, she's praying.
--> '''Deloris:''' Lord, I want you to forgive Willy and Joey, because they know not what they do. They're only doin' what Vince told 'em to do, because Vince is too chicken to do it himself! So he's called upon these two men to take care of his business! So I want you to forgive them, Lord. Espectum, espertum, cacoomb, toutu, eplubium. Amen!
--> '''Willy and Joey:''' ''(cross themselves)'' Amen.
--> ''(Deloris [[GroinAttack whacks them both in their crotches]] and darts off)''
* The scene where the nuns lay their guilt trip on the helicopter pilot.
* In the musical, the Monsignor's gradual transformation into a Vegas style emcee.
* The scene when they silently stand in front of an adult porn locale, passively smiling at the people who think about entering and no one does.
* In the sequel, Mary Patrick teaches sex education. Her take on sex? "You don't have to bite the doughnut to know it's sweet."
* Deloris/Mary Clarence's TV-preacher style defense of Maria, a student in the sequel who doesn't know the words to "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
* At the climax of the sequel, the male teachers of St. Francis, all priests, [[spoiler: lock superintendent Mr. Krisp in a closet so he can't reveal the truth about "Mary Clarence"]] using Father Wolfgaard's elongated pastry. As they hurry away, Father Thomas crosses himself and says, "Holy Father in Heaven forgive us--we know '''exactly''' what we do!"
* Reverend Mother's benediction to Mr. Krisp: "Go with God, Krispy." And in the same vein, Mary Clarence's DeadpanSnarker response to his claim that the school has ''no money'': "Yet they manage to pay you, Krispy."
* The priests being driven to the choir competition by DrivesLikeCrazy Father Thomas:
-->'''Father Maurice:''' Brother Thomas, you see that device attached to the steering wheel? That's a turn signal. Perhaps if you used it, the other drivers wouldn't be so hostile.
-->'''Father Ignatius:''' Brother Thomas, perhaps one of us who possesses a driver's license should drive instead...
** Followed by a MassOhCrap when Thomas distractedly ends up in the wrong lane, a semi truck bearing down on them.