* The official video for [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_H7QykJ53g&feature=my_favorites&list=FLqXOaPf9NndOSflKwxgh41w "Love Song"]] could easily qualify. As Dream Giver Redux so expertly puts it: "It's really cool 'cause it's called Love Song but they get in loads of fights. And stuff." They also give a detailed and accurate [[http://www.simpleminds.org/sm/videos/saf/ls1.htm description]] of the entire video.
* The lyrics for early tracks "18-18" & "Pablo Picasso" are pure teenage comedy.
* "Murder Story" "Garden Of Hate", "Kaleidoscope" and "Thirty Frames A Second" are all narrated from the point of view of sociopaths, though the effect is impossible to take seriously due to the goofy delivery.
* The 'cow mooing' on "70 Cities As Love Brings The Fall" amuses some fans no end.
* Jim's love of the phrase "Let me see your hands" in live performances is something of a MemeticMutation amongst fans, to the point where he has referenced it himself in online posts.