* Shaggy's conversation with a talking skull in "Hassle in the Castle":
--> '''Shaggy:''' Uh-oh. Like, which way did they go?
--> '''[[OracularHead Skull]]:''' They went that-a-way.
--> '''Shaggy:''' [[UnusuallyUninterestingSight Oh, thanks, man.]]
--> '''Skull:''' ''[imitating Señor Wences]'' S'aight.
--> ''Shaggy and Scooby realize what's happening and take off running''
* In the episode "Mystery Mask Mix-Up", Shaggy tries pretending to not be scared to keep the masked figure, Zen Tuo, away. How does he do this? He picks up a stick and draws a line on the dirt floor, daring Zen Tuo to cross it. Shaggy does this several times before Zen Tuo finally just takes Shaggy's stick and breaks it.
** Also from the same episode, as Shaggy and Scooby escape Zen Tuo, this exchange occurs as they board up a door to hide behind:
-->'''Shaggy:''' Ha! He won't be getting through ''that'' door!
-->''[The [[UpToEleven entire wall]] the villain's behind lifts up like a curtain.]''
-->'''Shaggy:''' ...And wouldn't you know he comes through the wall?
** Zen Tuo wasn't done being funny either
-->'''Shaggy:''' Don't you know it's illegal to shoot off fireworks and wreck a store room?
-->'''Zen Tuo:''' We will build a new store room!
-->'''Shaggy:''' I wonder who's gonna build a new us?
* In "A Night of Fright Is No Delight", Shaggy takes the fish's fish food for his sandwich, and the snarling sound the fish makes is just hilarious.
* Shaggy and Scooby-Doo's barber shop skit in "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Werewolf?"
-->'''Shaggy:''' ''[grabs werewolf's paw]'' Step right in, sir. No waiting. ''[places him in barbershop chair]'' I know, just a light trim, sir. We're all wearing it a bit longer these days!
-->'''Scooby:''' Bad nails!
-->'''Shaggy:''' ''[having given the werewolf a [[GagHaircut short, uneven haircut]]]'' You have a dandruff problem, too, sir! ''[the werewolf begins growling]'' Something wrong, sir? Scooby, scat!
* From "Never Ape an Ape Man", as Shaggy and Scooby-Doo try on costumes:
--> '''Shaggy:''' Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie.
* From the episode "What the Hex Going On?":
-->'''Shaggy:''' Like, I've found a clue.
-->'''Fred:''' Groovy. What is it?
-->'''Shaggy:''' Him. ''[cut to Shaggy pointing to the ghost of Elias Kingston with his hand on Shaggy's shoulder]''
* Scooby and Shaggy hiding from Mr. Hyde in a TV set in "Nowhere to Hyde".
-->''Hyde turns on the TV. Shaggy pops up, dressed as a clown.''
-->'''Shaggy''': Hi, folks. Uncle Happy Time here, once again, with your favorite dog star, King of the Wild Blue Yonder.
-->'''Scooby''' ''[dressed as a pilot, waving]'': Hi, kiddies!
-->''Hyde changes the channel. Shaggy and Scooby, dressed as an UsefulNotes/AmericanCivilWar soldier and a Native American, pop up.''
-->'''Shaggy''': If you don't sign the treaty, Running Dog, we'll take back the trinkets and beads!
-->'''Scooby''': Uh-uh. Indian giver!
-->'''Shaggy''' ''[sticking his finger into Hyde's stomach]'': Then go!
-->''Hyde lifts up the TV''
-->'''Shaggy''' ''[chuckles]'': You know, you ought to get this set fixed!
* In "A Tiki Scare is No Fair", [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyra8m6zKAk#t=55s this part.]]
* The OpenSesame moment in "Go Away, Ghost Ship": a hidden warehouse is guarded by a (mechanical) talking skull that demands a password. Fred tries "Sixteen men on a pirate's chest", which doesn't work, Velma tries "Yo ho ho and blow the man down," which doesn't work either. Shaggy tries "Yum yum yum and a liverwurst a la mode" as a joke ''and it does.''
-->'''Shaggy:''' Wow, some password!