* Mark (Jeremy Piven) knocking over Lloyd at the party. '''Twice'''.
-->'''Lloyd:''' [[PunctuatedForEmphasis YOU MUST CHILL]]!
* Diane and her father telling the story about her being afraid of flying.
* Lloyd's speech about what he wants - and doesn't want - to do as a career:
-->'''Lloyd:''' You mean like career? I don't know. I've thought about this quite a bit sir, and I would have to say, considering what's waiting out there for me: I don't want sell anything, by anything or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed; buy anything sold or processed; or process anything sold, bought or processed; or repair anything sold, bought or processed; you know, as a career, I don't to do that. So, my father's in the army, he wants me to join, but I can't work for that corporation.
* Diane and Lloyd are in Diane's bedroom, talking while Diane sorts through her clothing, and Lloyd makes note of the absolutely gigantic dictionary Diane owns. Diane tells Lloyd that the dictionary is great, and how when she was a little kid she was always reading. Whenever Diane encountered a word she didn't know, she'd look it up, marking the word with a yellow highlighter. Lloyd casually opens the dictionary to a random page, and the page is nothing but yellow highlighter. Flipping through the pages, Lloyd finds its mostly yellow highlighter. His amazed expression makes the joke.
* After Diane breaks up with Lloyd, Joe, Mark, and some other guys are giving Lloyd advice on what to do next. Finally, Lloyd has had enough:
-->'''Lloyd:''' I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, [[ArmorPiercingQuestion how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere]]?
-->'''Joe:''' (''after everyone pauses and looks down at the ground'') By choice, man!
* After Diane tells her father about sleeping with Lloyd, she tells him how good it feels to tell him the truth, and if she didn't tell him, it'd be like it didn't happen. The look on Mr. Court's face is priceless.
** The exchange leading up to that:
-->'''Diane''': Dad, do you know what he did the first night I went out with him? We were walking across by the Seven-Eleven, and he pointed out some glass for me to walk around. And I always think of that when people say 'What are you doing with Lloyd Dobler?' And I never get nervous around him. So we started spending all this time together, as friends. But, I could feel him getting anxious, and then I knew that there would be a confrontation over getting physical. And he started to get that look at the end of the night. Do you know that look?
-->'''Diane''': And then, you know it's going to be an issue. So I went through all the different feelings and all the different arguments you're supposed to go through.
-->'''Jim''': Did he ever get rough with you?
-->'''Diane''': Dad, no. But I didn't want any problems, so I decided not to sleep with him.
-->(''Jim looks relieved''.)
-->'''Diane''': But then I attacked him anyway.
* Meta example: After Creator/CameronCrowe selected "In Your Eyes" as the movie's song, he contacted Music/PeterGabriel for permission to use the song. Gabriel agreed to let him use the song, but only if he could see a rough cut of the film first. (Understandable since he wanted to be sure of the content.) After Crowe's assistant sent Gabriel a rough cut, Gabriel granted permission to use the song in the film as he liked it. However, he was concerned about the ending where the hero dies of a drug overdose. Crowe was confused as Lloyd doesn't die of an overdose until he realized that the assistant sent Gabriel a copy of ''Wired'' (the Creator/JohnBelushi biopic) by mistake.