* Here's a nice little bit of GallowsHumor for you.
--> '''Lisa''': The last thing Mrs. Thorwald would leave behind would be her wedding ring. Stella, do you ever leave yours at home?
--> '''Stella''': The only way somebody would get that would be to chop off my - finger. Let's go down to the garden and find out what's buried there.
--> '''Lisa''': Why not? I always wanted to meet Mrs. Thorwald.
** Dude! Stella is all about the dark humor!
--> '''Stella''': He'd better get that trunk out of there before it starts to leak...
--> (''Jeff spits out the drink he's just swallowed'')
* All of Jeff's nicknames for his neighbours, like calling the lonely lady Miss Lonely-Hearts and the lady who dances [[MsFanservice in her bra and panties]] Miss Torso.
* "When two people love each other, they come together - WHAM - like two taxis on Broadway." Why thank you Stella, for that ''charming'' description of what exactly love is.
* Jeff twice has to tell Lisa to shut up so he can finish a thought. What could've been rather harsh coming from anyone else is made hilarious by Jimmy Stewart.
* There’s also something to be said for the tense, dark comedy of Jeff’s frantic defense against Thorwald via BlindingCameraFlash.
* After Doyle gives Jeff and Lisa his reasons for doubting that Thorwald killed his wife:
-->'''Lisa:''' Jeff, you know if someone came in here, they wouldn't believe what they'd see.\\
'''Lisa:''' You and me with long faces, plunged into despair because we find out a man didn't kill his wife. We're two of the most frightening ghouls I've ever known. You'd think we could be a little bit happier that the poor woman is alive and well. Whatever happened to that old saying: 'Love thy neighbor'?\\
'''Jeff:''' You know, I think I'll start reviving that tomorrow. I'll begin with Miss Torso.\\
'''Lisa:''' Not if I have to move in to an apartment across the way and do the Dance of the Seven Veils every hour.
* The final shot of the film: a reprise of the first, panning across the various apartments and over onto Jeff's face, eyes closed and relaxed. It pans down, [[spoiler:and ''both'' his legs are broken this time, on the same day he was supposed to get the cast off.]]
* Jeff trying to eat his breakfast while Stella speculates about the details of the case:
-->'''Stella:''' "Where do you suppose he cut her up? Of course; the bathtub! That's the only place he could wash away the blood."
* Stella telling Lisa it's unlikely a body is actually in the garden:
-->'''Stella:''' "Unless he puts in standing on end which would be very original and not require the use of either a knife or a saw. My guess is she's scattered all over town. A leg in the East River..."
-->'''Lisa:''' "Stella, please!"
* Jeff and Doyle's SnarkToSnarkCombat:
-->'''Jeff:''' "Do you want to solve this case or make me look foolish?"
-->'''Doyle:''' "Well, if possible, both."