* The film opens with Indy braving death traps, scary spiders, waves of angry natives trying to kill him, and he pretty much takes it all in stride. Get him on the plane with a snake as a fellow passenger, though...
-->'''Indy''': There's a big snake in the plane, Jock!\\
'''Jock''': Oh, that's just my pet snake Reggie!\\
'''Indy''': I hate snakes, Jock! I HATE 'EM!\\
'''Jock''': Come on! Show a little backbone, will ya?
* The scene of Indy facing down a swordsman in the Cairo market. The Mook spends several seconds twirling the blade menacingly, after which Indy makes a "I don't have time for this" face, [[WhyDontYouJustShootHim pulls out his gun and shoots him]].
** Better: that look on Indy's face is actual pain from Harrison Ford's dystentery that forced the "just shoot him" moment in the first place.
*** Even better than that, the natives swooping in on the Mook's corpse and stealing his sword, cheering enthusiastically.
* '''Sallah''': Asps. Very dangerous. (taps Indy on the shoulder) You go first.
** Most anything Sallah says or does is pretty good for a laugh.
*** "I'm so pleased you're not dead!"
* Also, after the desert chase, when Indy is examining his wounds in a mirror, and Marion flips the mirror around, banging him hard on the chin. Cut to [[DistantReactionShot exterior shot of the ship they're on]], [[ScreamDiscretionShot and the most anguished scream ever]].
-->'''Marion:''' What'd you say?
* Indy stealing the uniform of the Officer that questioned how badly the first uniform he stole fits him.
** Blink and you'll miss it, but you can actually see Indy sizing up the officer, trying to see if his clothes are the right size before knocking him out.
* The DVD special features have some utterly hilarious footage of Spielberg chastising one of the snakes from the Well of Souls scene after discovering that, being cold blooded, snakes actually like to be close to fire. "You like fire? But it says in the script that you hate fire. Why do you like fire? You're ruining my movie!"
* Toht advances on Marion, pulling out what looks like a nasty torture device...[[NotSoDire which he then folds into a coat hanger]].
** And it's based on a deleted scene from ''1941'' (done for that film by ChristopherLee!), which Spielberg swore he'd try to put in all of his movies until it stayed in.
* Indiana's reaction to Belloq's mocking as he's trapped in the Well of Souls:
--> '''Belloq:''' "What a fitting end to your life's pursuits. You're about to become a permanent addition to this archeological find. Who knows? In a thousand years even you may be worth something."
--> '''Indiana:''' (smiling) "Ahahahahh!..." (slowly panicking) "sonofabitch..."
* In the bar fight, Indy and a Mook are grappling over a gun and another mook is told "Shoot zem... shoot zem both." They promptly, of one mind, ''both turn and shoot the other mook''.
* [[HardDrinkingPartyGirl Marion]] and [[AffablyEvil Belloq]] powering through a bottle of grappa and being reduced to helpless giggling.
* "Love" and "You" on a sighing young girl's eyelids.
** And Indy's flustered response.
* The monkey doing a ''Sieg Heil'' - and one of the Nazi goons reflexively returning the salute.
* TheReveal at the end of the film which implies that the government strong-armed Indy into handing the Ark into their hands so it could be studied properly... only to promptly stuff it in a huge warehouse to be forgotten.