* Do NOT ask Ash where Vikings come from.
** [[spoiler:"They mostly live in [[UsefulNotes/AmericanFootball Minnesota]]."]]
** From the same scene,
--> '''Jessie''': Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! ...Ugh, I think I'm gonna have one!
* [[CallBack "I don't have time for your dumb motto today!"]]
* The Psyduck fight.
* When Ash, Misty, and Brock run into the Pokemon Center because of the storm, they are standing in the doorway exclaiming about all the rain when Pikachu interrupts them by shaking his fur dry like a dog.
* Brock's declaration that the disappeared [[InexplicablyIdenticalIndividuals Nurse Joy]] looked familiar. [[FridgeBrilliance At least until you remember that Brock can tell them apart]].
* Everything Mew does, from messing with Meowth, to popping the bubble it saved Ash with.
** While Mewtwo is gloating on how he is superior to Mew, Mew pays no attention and starts chasing its tail instead; at one point it even gives a look as if to say "Is this guy serious?"
** At one point, Mew spots one of the big windmill-like turbines outside of Mewtwo's fortress. It flies up to one of the blades and sits on it. When the blade lifts, Mew falls onto the next one, then the next one and so on. Then there's an adorable close-up of it giggling in delight.
* Mewtwo, the last character one would expect to have such a moment, has one in the original Japanese version; when attacked by Ash's Charizard, Mewtwo, not surprisingly, shrugs it off without a scratch and immediately quips "What a bad tempered Charizard". [[note]]Sadly, the English version goes with the much less effective "Your Charizard is poorly trained". A shame, especially since the English version could have easily delivered the original line and retained the humor.[[/note]]
* Once all the original Pokémon are freed from the cloning machine, [[FunnyBackgroundEvent the Tentacruel owned by Fergus proceeds to give Jesse and James a hug!]]
* The face of Raymond (the 'pirate trainer') as he sends in his last three Pokemon at once against Ash.
* A meta one, during the scene in the dubbed version where [[spoiler: Ash gets TakenForGranite]], Misty's VA at one point suggests to say "[[ContinuityNod My bike!]]" to match the two-syllable movement Misty's mouth was making.