* One right from the beginning: Red being in such a rush to see Professor Oak after being caught up in watching a Pokémon battle (the "Gengar VS. Nidorino" one from the ''Red'' opening, no less), he falls down the stairs in an incredibly awesome fashion.
** And there's his mother's reaction: she looks more exasperated than worried, which might mean it's not the first time Red's tripped over himself rushing down the stairs.
* Before choosing their starter Pokémon, Blue says he likes a challenge... and [[HypocriticalHumor allows Red to choose first.]]
* Red attempts to catch another trainer's Pokemon early on in the journey. [[WhatTheHellHero The results are predictable.]]
* When Red first tries to get through the two people guarding Brock's gym, they are reasonably skeptical about a young kid getting in.
-->'''Guard:''' Listen, how long have you been with your Pokemon?
-->'''Red:''' Five days.
* During Red's battle with Brock, the female guard quips [[MythologyGag "It's not very effective"]] when after Red has Charmander use scratch on a Geodude.
* Blue acting all calm and confident while infiltrating the Pokemon Tower... [[NotSoStoic only to run screaming when the ghost appears.]] Which Red mocks him about later.
* The rapid montages of Gym Leaders imply some of them were on the receiving end of a ''very'' one-sided CurbStompBattle, particularly Erika. Blaine's reaction to losing is also priceless.
** The Fighting Dojo's leader breaks down as well and, just like in the games, offers to give Red one of his Pokemon, even saying to "feel free to choose whichever you like!", which is similar to the message in the text box. Hitmonlee's [[OhCrap reaction]] behind him is ''priceless.''
* When Red sends out Snorlax, it snores and yawns.
-->'''Giovanni:''' A Normal-type, huh? That's quite an interesting choice. (After Snorlax gets defeated by Rhyhorn's Horn Drill). This is the best you've got? Even with a Normal-type?
* When Red sends out Jolteon to fight Giovanni's Rhyhorn, Giovanni's immediate reaction is:
-->'''Giovanni:''' (Scoffs). When you brought out Grass, Water, and Normal types, I hoped this might be a bit more entertaining than last time. But, now, an ''Electric''-type? You must know that Electric-types are ineffective against ''Ground''-types. Is this all you have to offer? I'm disappointed.
* The look on Blastoise's face when Charizard uses its MegatonPunch, ''on'' Blastoise's face.
* During Red's catching montage after beating the Champion, we see him attempting to go after a Chansey. As he decides between throwing a rock or bait, it starts to run away, with him giving chase. Everyone who has played the original games will feel his pain ''[[ThatOneSidequest all too well.]]''
** The same montage shows that Red somehow managed to miss ''[[GoddamnedBats Tentacool]]'' of all things on his first trip through Kanto.
*** [[ComicallyMissingThePoint Maybe he was using Repels?]]
* In Part 2, which takes place in the infamous [[BigBoosHaunt Lavender Town]], they manage to pull off [[AscendedMeme the infamous "white hand on your shoulder" joke]].
** What's more, if you look closely at one of Red's shoulders, there really is a white hand there!
* [[spoiler:Mew]]'s cameo in the final episode--when Red hears that [[spoiler:Mew and many other Pokemon have still been undiscovered, he vows to capture one of all of them, including Mew. Cue Mew themself flying by just outside the window behind him and giving the oblivious trainer a look that says "Yeah, keep telling yourself that, buddy!"]]