* When Chiaki and Nodame first attempt to play the Mozart duet, in the first two bars or so they are perfectly in sync - until right at the end when Nodame hits the wrong note. Chiaki throws his music score at her, [[LampshadeHanging exclaiming they're not even past the first two bars.]]
* When Nodame tells Chiaki she hasn't washed her hair for a few days. Cue GilliganCut to a furious Chiaki washing her hair against her will.
* Mine attempting to dress Nodame up to seduce Chiaki - he unfortunately can't undo [[CosmeticCatastrophe the bad makeup job Nodame gave herself]]. When she runs to Chiaki with TearsOfJoy, her face is still caked up with horribly-applied makeup - Chiaki screams and hits her before she can go anywhere near him.
* [[ItMakesSenseInContext "It's called masturbation! Okay? It means you're only pleasuring yourself."]]
* In the manga only, during the exam period Mine admits he keeps failing because his father doesn't wake him up in time to take his exams. At the end of the chapter, [[spoiler: while he and Nodame successfully take their exams and fon't fail, Chiaki misses his exam because [[BrickJoke Mine's dad didn't wake him up when he slept at their place]].]]
* When Chiaki is sharing drinks with his new orchestra members, he notes how more mature they are compared to the loud and more childish S Orchestra. [[TemptingFate 30 minutes later,]] everyone is drunk out of their minds and loudly throwing fights and arguments left and right.
* Chiaki's OhCrap face after Nodame's dad catches him [[spoiler:back-hugging]] Nodame and Chiaki finds out who he is.
* When Nodame and Frank reunite in Paris and are conversing with one another - except they're both speaking in their respective language and have no idea what the other person is actually saying, leading to OneDialogueTwoConversations.
* Nodame practices her French with the help of her French guide book. The book is incredibly dodgy though, as it gives some rather oddly-chosen phrases - one of them is, "Help, get the police, I'm being raped!" Nodame says this one out loud, and the customers nearby get frightened and look at Chiaki, [[NotWhatItLooksLike who panics and tries to convince everyone she's just learning the language.]]
* After some initial difficulty, Nodame finally picks up the French language with ease - by rewatching the same Purigorota episode, dubbed in French, over and over again, because ''she remembers the Japanese dialogue off by heart''. This is all while in Frank's room, who isn't pleased in the least and is able to get over his crush on her because of it.
** Leads to a InnocentInnuendo situation where viewers get a view of Frank's apartment door, and he's heard gasping, [[DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything "Please Dame, I can't go on anymore! I'm at my limit!"]] Viewers then get a view of his bed with something squirming underneath the blanket, with him continuing, "I'm begging you..." Then Frank pops out from the blanket, looks at Nodame, who is seen crouching at the TV, and exasperatedly pleads, "Can you please leave?" Nodame then [[TemptingFate rewinds the episode to watch it again]] and Frank groans and collapses on his bed.
*** This is hilariously given a CallBack, nearly word for word and scene for scene, in the drama special where Nodame goes to Frank's room and watches his video of Son Rui's performance the whole day.
* Chiaki's surprise when he first discovers Nodame is a [[HiddenBuxom D-Cup]]. He doesn't get over very quickly, as seen when they later share a hug and all he can think of is "D..."
* When Chiaki goes in disguise to check out his new orchestra in Paris, this exchange between Rolland and Theo is as follows:
-->'''Rolland:''' I brought my violinist friend. He's an exchange student. His name is [[ShoutOut Nissan Toyota.]]
-->'''Theo:''' Japanese huh? Welcome to Marlet. [[LampshadeHanging You have the same name as my car.]]