* When Jack suggests he and David partner up to sell papers, David laughs incredulously and Jack promptly mocks the laugh.
* When looking at their picture in the newspaper:
-->'''Mush:''' Hey look at ya, Jack! You look like a gentleman!
-->'''Jack:''' Will you please get your fingers off my face?
-->'''Spot:''' Where's my name? [[ItsAllAboutMe Where's it say my name?]]
-->'''Jack:''' ''[[HypocriticalHumor Will ya stop thinkin' about yourself?]]''
* A lot of the banter between the newsies in the first number counts as this. For example:
-->'''Kid Blink:'''(singing) I smell money!
-->'''Crutchy:'''(singing) You smell foul!
* "Hey, we ain't scared a' Brooklyn! [[TheDreaded Spot Conlon]]... makes us a little nervous.''
* Pulitzer imitating an adding machine when calculating the profit he could make from raising the price of the newspaper. And the annoyed look his aide gives him.
* The many ways they [[JustForPun make puns]] off of Pulitzer's newspaper being called The World. At one point, even Pulitzer unintentionally invokes AGodAmI when ranting about how "...when I created The World..."
** Not to mention his aid rolling his eyes at that particular pun.
-->[[CrowdSong And The World Will Know!]] [[MyFriendsAndZoidberg And the Journal too!]]
* When David and Jack are talking in front of the World building-
-->'''Jack:''' We gotta get the word out to all the newsies in New York! I need some of those...I dunno, what do you call 'em?
-->'''Random newsie offscreen:''' Whatever you want!
-->'''Jack:''' Right. You guys, you gotta be [[GettingCrapPastTheRadar ambastards]] and go tell the others that we're on strike!''
* From the stage musical, "Watch What Happens", where Katherine keeps alternating between singing about what a great story it's going to be, and how she has no idea how she's going to put it together. Often alternating between the two themes in the middle of a rapid-fire verse. Any writer, or really anyone facing some great task, can get a sympathetic laugh from this song. It only becomes funnier when she segues onto a train of thought revolving around her BelligerentSexualTension with Jack.
-->'''Katherine:''' [[DavidVersusGoliath Poor little kids versus rich greedy sour pusses]]\\
Ha! It's a cinch!\\
It could practically write itself--\\
And let's pray it does, cause as I may have mentioned,\\
[[WritersBlock I have no clue what I'm doing.]]
* The reprise of the song is similarly funny, now a duet with Jack and David arguing over whether they should quit or keep fighting after the strike takes a turn for the worse:
So here's how it goes once we win\\
And we will be winning\\
Make no mistake
-->'''Jack:''' [[FlatWhat We'll be what?]]
-->[A few verses later...]
-->'''Jack:''' Dave, what the hell?\\
did they bust up your brains or somethin'?\\
[[SophisticatedAsHell As I recall Dave we all got our asses kicked]]