* When Jack suggests he and David partner up to sell papers, David laughs incredulously and Jack promptly mocks the laugh.
* When looking at their picture in the newspaper:
-->'''Mush:''' Hey look at ya, Jack! You look like a gentleman!
-->'''Jack:''' Will you please get your fingers off my face?
-->'''Spot:''' Where's my name? [[ItsAllAboutMe Where's it say my name?]]
-->'''Jack:''' ''Will ya stop thinkin' about yourself?''
* A lot of the banter between the newsies in the first number counts as this.
* "Hey, we ain't scared a' Brooklyn! [[TheDreaded Spot Collins]]... makes us a little nervous.''
* Pulitzer imitating an adding machine when calculating the profit he could make from raising the price of the newspaper. And the annoyed look his aide gives him.