* Vandemar is less than impressed with Croup's razorblade skills - I mean, he misses every one of his own fingers and hits the spaces in between! Lucky Croup's got Vandemar to show him how to chuck a blade. Dead on target, into his own hand.
* Richard having to maintain his dignity with nothing but a face-washer when a real estate agent and his clients barge into the bathroom while he's having a bath. [[spoiler:Lucky for his decency, he's basically totally invisible to Abovers at this point.]]
* From the BBC 2013 Christmas radio adaptation, Richard says that a stressed out Jessica apparently makes 'Croup and Vandemar look like Jedward.'
* From the radio play, [[spoiler: NeilGaiman]] is [[SmallNameBigEgo The Fop with No Name]]. HilarityEnsues.
* Again in the radio play, Vandemar gets annoyed by Croup [[CallingMeALogarithm calling him 'a stout fellow']].
-->'''Vandemar:''' I'm ''not'' fat.