* The cook's continuous (and rather futile) insistence that the children can't come into the kitchen because ''she has it in writing!''
* "Pleased to meet you. I'm Oglington Fartworthy."
** "That is "F,A,R,T. FART-worthy."
* From the sequel: Celia and Megsie have to work together to prevent Isabel from signing the farm over to the uncle without letting on that ''the DisappearedDad may be alive'' before proof is in hand. It's not the BavarianFireDrill that follows (with Celia going EekAMouse like crazy), it's Celia trying to instruct the Megsie's next move ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmeaDIqXIrU&t=10m12s while still screaming]]''.
* The following exchange in the first movie, between Selma Quickly and her friend.
--> '''Mrs. Quickly:''' "...What do you take me for, some common-" *cut off as she hears a knock at the door*
--> '''Friend:''' Tart?
--> '''Mrs. Quickly:''' [[ComicallyMissingThePoint No thanks, I'm bloated.]]
* This bit of GettingCrapPastTheRadar, when Mrs. Quickly meets with the Brown children after she thinks [[ItMakesSenseInContext their father just wanted to ravish her]].
--> I know what he wanted, and it wasn't marriage! No wonder there are so many of you.
* The children manage to keep their Great Aunt Adelaide from taking one of them by [[spoiler:passing off the scullery maid, Evangeline, as one of their siblings, so she could be raised and given an education and the actual siblings wouldn't be broken up]]. At the end of the movie, [[spoiler:Mr. Brown and Evangeline finally admit their love for each other and agree to marry]]. In the midst of the congratulations, Great Aunt Adelaide gives a horrified cry of [[spoiler:"Incest!"]] This then leads to Mr. Brown having to explain to the priest that no, [[spoiler:Evangeline is not actually his daughter.]]
* "Come on, Simon. Bowling practice!" [[ItMakesSenseInContext Said while Mr. Brown is holding a violin like a cricket bat and his son is preparing to throw a small cake.]]
* After continually startling Mr. Brown by appearing behind him from out of nowhere ("I did knock") Nanny [=McPhee=] then appears in the kitchen while Ms Blatherwick is cooking. The cook turns to spot her...and instead of being startled, casually gets on with what she was doing.
* During the rude-name scene, Eric calls himself Sandra.
** And later in that scene, Christianna declares herself Bum, but Sebastian says "I'm Bum!". Chrissie changes her ID to "bosoms", but Agatha says "Bum!" Christianna, having been through this before, says "YOU can't be Bum, Aggy. Sebastian's Bum. You're Poop." Aggy says "Poop bum". Sebastian says "You can't be Poop AND Bum!!"
* When [=McPhee=] says "Do they go to bed when they're told?" and Cedric Brown says "No, no, no, no! Good grief! What a suggestion!".
* When Sebastian says "That was my idea! I mean, my fault." [[spoiler:he was talking about the worms he put in a sandwich to scare away Mrs.Quickly.]]
* When the children imitate Mrs.Quickly in the cake fight.
** and during that scene the model of Mrs.Quickly gets flung off the cake.
* "Behave!", "Beehive!"
* [[spoiler:When the kids are pretending there are bees at the wedding, Mrs.Quickly says "Do you see any bees?" Mr.Brown replies "I do!" and slaps her in the face.]]
* When Mr.Brown's assistants say he should be in the business of christenings, not funerals, as he has so many children.
* When the children pretend to eat Aggy.
* The dancing donkey.
** Made even funnier by the fact that Great Aunt Adelaide thought she was a human.
** "I'm going to put MY best clothes on ... the pig!"
* When the kids ignore Nanny McPhee at the beginning.
* In the second film, the "the person you need is Nanny McPhee" scene, all the objects in the shop were saying it.
** Also the bird who ate window putty.
** And the joke about the Land of Poo.
* Mr.Brown trying to protect Mrs.Quickly from the pranks his kids were playing, including a toad in the teapot, worms in the sandwiches, an ''arrow'' on the chair, electric wires on the doorknob and a custard pie catapult.
* How the cook always says that there will be snow in August when something happens. [[spoiler:At the end there ''is'' snow in August.]]