* One comic has Monica, Maggy and Denise trying to figure out who took Monica's bunny and Denise maks the obvious name drop of Jimmy, prompting Monica to ask how does she know that. When Denise rethorically asks who else they know that don't like her...[[BrutalHonesty Maggy drops an extensive list of people that fit the criteria]], including the likes of Carmen, the comic's recurring villains, every boy in the block...[[TheLastOfTheseIsNotLikeTheOthers and Santa Claus]].
* Every comic featuring Nutty Ned. Particularly one where he finally meets his match in Nick Nope...who drives HIM crazy instead to the point of making him want to go back to the mental ward.
* Smudge's feet are apparently drawn without toes not because of the art style, but because he wears pantyhoses.
* One early comic had Junior wanting to hire Maggy to be his stomach-for-hire, as in someone to eat his food for him, and she accepts. When she eats so much she becomes bloated, she tells her mother that she got like that after becoming a stomach-for-hire, prompting her mother to completely lose her shit. What makes this funny is an unfortunately LostInTranslation DoubleEntendre as the Brazilian term for stomach-for-hire is a term used for ''[[GettingCrapPastTheRadar surrogate pregnancy]]'', so Maggy's mom's FreakOut is completely understandable, especially with Maggy's bloated stomach from overeating.
* From the WorldOfWarcraft based story in the manga, we have Angel as [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyVII Sephiroth]], at which point this dialogue takes place:
--> '''Skyfiroth[=/=]Angel''': Behold, infidels...The power of the OneWingedAngel!
--> '''Jim''': [[GenreSavvy Huh...If you only have one wing, how are you flying?]]
--> '''(RealityEnsues and Angel falls down the cliff)'''
--> '''Lucilia''': He's not very bright, is he?
--> '''Jim''': Hard to believe he made it to Epic level.
* Jim creates a [[SailorMoon Tuxedo Kamen]]-like disguise for a costume party so he can spend time with Monica...but the fact that he did such a good job at wooing her as the masquerade and made sure she never figured out who he was...only gave him another love rival. When Smudge points this out to him, he has the painful realization he did not think the whole thing through. [[WhatHappenedToTheMouse That persona is never brought up again, though.]]