* The daughter's song at the end of the movie is pretty bittersweet, with the concluding lyrics being "you're such a loser, dad."
* The scenes between Billy Beane and the scouts.
-->'''Billy Beane:''' Is there another first baseman like Giambi?
-->'''Scout:''' No, not really.
-->'''Billy Beane:''' If there was, could we afford him?
-->'''Billy Beane:''' Then what the fuck are you talking about, man?
* Billy's first conversation with Peter Brand:
-->'''Billy Beane:''' Who are you?
-->'''Peter Brand:''' I'm Peter Brand.
-->'''Beane:''' I don't give a rat's ass what your name is.
* Beane, along with his coach Ron Washington, visits Scott Hatteberg, a former catcher, to tell him they're putting him at first:
-->'''Hatteberg:''' I've only ever played catcher.
-->'''Beane:''' It's not that hard, Scott. Wash, tell him.
-->'''Washington:''' It's incredibly hard.
** A little later in the scene, Hatteberg wonders about what the fans will think, and Wash responds, "[[DeadpanSnarker Yeah, maybe we can teach one of them how to play first base.]]"
* "Who's Fabio?"
** "A shortstop. He's a shortstop with Seattle..."
* Towards the end of the film, after failing to make the play-offs, Peter and Billy sit in silence after watching the video of a minor league player who attempted to round first, embarassingly fell, then discovered he'd already hit a home run.
-->'''Peter:''' ...It's a metaphor-
-->'''Billy:''' -I ''know'' it's a metaphor.
* David Justice has been asked to try and help Scott Hatteberg make the transition to first baseman by being a mentor and building up his confidence.
-->'''David Justice:''' What's your biggest fear?
-->'''Scott Hatteberg:''' A baseball being hit in my general direction. (''both laugh'')
-->'''David:''' That's funny. Seriously, what is it?
-->'''Scott:''' No, seriously, that is. (''walks away'')
-->'''David:''' (''calling after him'') Well, hey, good luck with that.
* After Phillies GM Ed Wade agrees to deal for Jeremy Giambi, Beane hangs up, cutting Wade off mid-sentence:
-->'''Peter''': ...I think he was going to say something else.