* A minor case of MediumAwareness.
--> '''Kirsty''': When you…when you went under the hovercraft, I thought…I thought you were dead.
--> '''Schofield''': Hey. It's OK. It's all right. I'm not going to die on you. ''I am not going to die on you.'' I mean, hey, I can't die. I'm the hero of this story.
* The French commando Jean Petard gets blown up by the claymore mines he'd set - very literally ''hoist by his own petard''.
* There's one point where the good guys have a few minutes to not be shot at. In this time, Braniac, one of Scarecrow's teams, decides to ask the President a question. They're in a situation where death is almost certain, they're vastly outnumbered and they're running out of time, and he decides to ask the President [[spoiler: if America is keeping Puerto Rico as a territory because it has the highest rate of UFO sightings.]]
* [[spoiler:[[RunningGag The bears.]]]]
* [[VoiceWithAnInternetConnection David Fairfax]] lampshades Scarecrow's [[RunningGag problem with intact things.]]
-->'''Fairfax''': So, what have you destroyed today?
-->'''Schofield''': I've flooded a Typhoon-class submarine, leveled a building, and launched a ballistic missile to destroy a maintenance facility.
-->'''Fairfax''': Slow day, huh?
* The CallBack to ''Ice Station'' where it's revealed that the French are still pissed at Scarecrow about the whole [[NoodleIncident business with the submarine and paratroopers]].
'''Six Sacred Stones'''
* Lachlan and Julius escape imprisonment by tricking motion sensors with Lily's toy robotic dog Sir Barksalot.
'''Five Greatest Warriors'''
* Jack West dupes two Chinese interceptors with a smiley-faced sandbag mannequin George strapped into a pair of Gullwings[[note]]carbon-fiber wings for covert aerial insertions. The Chinese thought Jack was using the Gullwings as the ''Haliccarnassus'', unmanned, made its way to crash right into the entrance to the Sixth Vertex.[[/note]]
'''Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves'''
* Mother referring to herself as Scarecrow's 'Fairy Godmotherfucker'.
'''The Four Legendary Kingdoms'''
* Jack being kidnapped with no idea he'd been chosen for the Games means he spends half this ancient ceremony designed to save all life on Earth in a Homer Simpson t-shirt and jeans.
* Jack barely wins one of the challenges in the games and stands up slowly, trying to catch his breath, then turns to the royals watching the Games, and very, very slowly, [[FlippingTheBird flips them off.]]