* Matilda tricking and humiliating her father, in both the book and film versions.
** Doubly so in the book's version of the glue-in-the-hat incident, with Matilda innocently saying to her father "What's the matter, Daddy? Has your head suddenly gotten bigger?"
** Hard not to love the movie version, too, is the incident when Matilda puts superglue on Harry's hat:
--> '''Zinnia:''' I think your head is swollen, Harry.
--> '''Harry:''' The fibers are fused to the head!!
--> '''Zinnia:''' "The fibers are fused"? [[GettingCrapPastTheRadar What's THAT supposed to mean?!]]
* The Trunchbull going on a bestial rampage while searching for Matilda and Miss Honey in her house.
** *jumps off stairs* "TALLY HO!!!"
** "Some ''rats'' are gonna DIE today...!"
* In the movie Trunchbull's line about playing a game called "who was wearing a pretty red, hair ribbon yesterday, and isn't wearing one today?". The line delivery always cracks me up, even though it's probably not meant to be so funny. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz19p1Z6i4 here]]
* The defeat of the Trunchbull is both a CrowningMomentOfFunny and CrowningMomentOfAwesome.
* Matilda's dad is full of hilarious moments, which isn't surprising since it's Danny [=DeVito=] playing him.
* When Matilda first shows Miss Honey her powers, she makes a pitcher of water levitate. Miss Honey, deep in thought, pushes the pitcher back down without even noticing. Matilda then does it again and Miss Honey notices. The look of surprise on her face is adorably funny.
** And then, when the Trunchbull walks in, the pitcher is ''still'' levitating, so Miss Honey grabs the handle and has to pretend she's just casually holding a pitcher of water there.
* Matilda magically makes a glass of water containing a newt tip over onto the Trunchbull, and Trunchbull's desperate attempts to get the creature off of herself are hilarious.
* Many, if not all scenes involving Mrs Trunchbull when they aren't NightmareFuel.
** WHY ARE ALL THESE WOMEN MARRIED?!
** Your mommy...is a TWIT !!
** Am I wrong? I'm never wrong. In this classroom, in this school, I am GOD!
* In the book, the parrot scene is hilarious.
* When Bruce Bogtrotter finishes eating the cake. It's funny because the score in that scene sounds like it belongs in an epic film. It's funny how it takes a scene where a boy is eating cake seriously.