* For some players, holding onto a blue shell can turn into this. The lead cars will often panic and stop dead in their tracks.
** Watching another player [[EpicFail use a blue shell in first place]].
* Baby Park from ''Double Dash!!'' might be ThatOneLevel due to items bouncing all over the place, but you can't help but laugh at just how chaotic it can get.
* In ''Wii'' and ''7'', playing as a regular character or as a Mii and seeing your own Miis in Coconut Mall is pretty hilarious as well. Especially since they also drive the parking cars that you must dodge at the end.
* Doing badly in a race can trigger some pretty funny reactions from your racer.
** In ''Wii'', if you play as Wario and he gets lower than fifth place, he will loudly grumble, "I hate you." In ''8'', he'll say "Gahh, I ''hate'' losing!", and in ''Double Dash''? "I lost! To a bunch of losers!"
** In ''Wii'' and ''7'', if you rank low enough, [[TheUnintelligible Bowser]] will grumble out a coherent "Horrible..." One of the few moments in recent years (outside of ''[[VideoGame/MarioAndLuigiBowsersInsideStory Bowser's Inside Story]]'') where he actually talks, rather than just roaring and grumbling.
** Bowser Jr. losing: [[FlatWhat "What. What..."]]
** Waluigi: GAH! Everybody cheated! [[HypocriticalHumor NEXT TIME I'LL CHEAT!]]
** [[ThatMakesMeFeelAngry Luigi sad... so sad...]]
** Baby Daisy's BigWhat when losing in ''Wii''.
** The noises Donkey Kong makes when being dragged out of the water in ''Wii''. They were later reused for when he loses in ''7''.
* In between the bouts of seething hatred you'll be feeling at getting caught in a HumiliationConga, you can't help but laugh at the sheer amount of abuse [[ChewToy your player]] can go through [[MadeOfIron without so much as an annoyed grumble.]] [[RoaringRampageOfRevenge Especially if you go on to win.]]
* Falling off the edge (''especially'' if you're driving on Rainbow Road) ''on purpose'' [[ComedicSociopathy just to hear your character scream]] (in Time Trial, of course).
* Under the right circumstances, the triple red shell item makes for a hilarious FoeTossingCharge.
* Toad's Turnpike in ''64''. Extra Cup. ''Oncoming cars.''
* If you end up in 4th place overall in ''64'' (which is actually much harder to do than it sounds), you'll sadly watch the ceremony from the castle and drive off... only for a bomb-shaped kart to follow you and blow you up. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTO0tavDxw View it here.]]
* A player spamming the Lucky 7 or the Crazy 8 [[AttackAttackAttack to use every item quickly]] sometimes leads to pretty funny results, like hitting each racer nearby with a different item or even making some of them fall off the track... Or the Bob-omb backfiring, [[EpicFail exploding near you]] [[HopeSpot and destroying all the remaining items]], maybe even hitting another racer who was trying to steal your star.
* Due to ''Mario Kart 64'' being the first game in the series with true 3D, an unusual quirk is that certain sounds have a Doppler Effect if you drive underneath them at the right time. This includes racers' ''screams''. It's hilarious to hit Wario with a shell, zip under him as he flies into the air, and hear his yell sharply rise in pitch and then down again as you do so.
* In ''Super Mario Kart,'' if you earn a gold trophy, the Cheep Cheep balloon that drops the trophy will deflate and go flying out of control.