* For some players, holding onto a blue shell can turn into this. The lead cars will often panic and stop dead in their tracks.
** Watching another player [[EpicFail use a blue shell in first place]].
* Baby Park from ''Double Dash!!'' might be ThatOneLevel due to items bouncing all over the place, but you can't help but laugh at just how chaotic it can get.
* In ''Wii'' and ''7'', playing as a regular character or as a Mii and seeing your own Miis in Coconut Mall is pretty hilarious as well. Especially since they also drive the parking cars that you must dodge at the end.
* Doing badly in a race can trigger some pretty funny reactions from your racer.
** In ''Wii'', if you play as Wario and he gets lower than fifth place, he will loudly grumble, "I hate you." In ''8'', he'll say "Gahh, I ''hate'' losing!", and in ''Double Dash''? "I lost! To a bunch of losers!"
** In ''Wii'' and ''7'', if you rank low enough, [[TheUnintelligible Bowser]] will grumble out a coherent "Horrible..." One of the few moments in recent years (outside of ''[[VideoGame/MarioAndLuigiBowsersInsideStory Bowser's Inside Story]]'') where he actually talks, rather than just roaring and grumbling.
** Bowser Jr. losing: [[FlatWhat "What. What..."]]
** Waluigi: GAH! Everybody cheated! [[HypocriticalHumor NEXT TIME I'LL CHEAT!]]
** [[ThatMakesMeFeelAngry Luigi sad... so sad...]]
** Baby Daisy's BigWhat when losing in ''Wii''.
** The noises Donkey Kong makes when being dragged out of the water in ''Wii''. They were later reused for when he loses in ''7''.
* In between the bouts of seething hatred you'll be feeling at getting caught in a HumiliationConga, you can't help but laugh at the sheer amount of abuse [[ChewToy your player]] can go through [[MadeOfIron without so much as an annoyed grumble.]] [[RoaringRampageOfRevenge Especially if you go on to win.]]
* Falling off the edge (''especially'' if you're driving on Rainbow Road) ''on purpose'' [[ComedicSociopathy just to hear your character scream]] (in Time Trial, of course).
* Under the right circumstances, the triple red shell item makes for a hilarious FoeTossingCharge.
* Toad's Turnpike in ''64''. Extra Cup. ''Oncoming cars.''
* If you end up in 4th place overall in ''64'', which is actually much harder to do than it sounds[[note]]You pretty much have to finish 4th place in every race, ''[[DoWellButNotPerfect but not any lower]]'', because 5th or below forces a retro of the race.[[/note]], you'll sadly watch the ceremony from the castle and drive off... only for a bomb-shaped kart to follow you and blow you up. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTO0tavDxw View it here.]]
* A player spamming the Lucky 7 or the Crazy 8 [[AttackAttackAttack to use every item quickly]] sometimes leads to pretty funny results, like hitting each racer nearby with a different item or even making some of them fall off the track... Or the Bob-omb backfiring, [[EpicFail exploding near you]] [[HopeSpot and destroying all the remaining items]], maybe even hitting another racer who was trying to steal your star.
* Due to ''Mario Kart 64'' being the first game in the series with true 3D, an unusual quirk is that certain sounds have a Doppler Effect if you drive underneath them at the right time. This includes racers' ''screams''. It's hilarious to hit Wario with a shell, zip under him as he flies into the air, and hear his yell sharply rise in pitch and then down again as you do so.
* In ''Super Mario Kart,'' if you earn a gold trophy, the Cheep Cheep balloon that drops the trophy will deflate and go flying out of control.