This show has its fair share of funny moments, but most likely because the network required some to keep it child-friendly enough.
* Sarah and James pretend to be engaged to get out of James being press-ganged. It is as full of ShipTease as that implies.
* This exchange between James and Henri outside the Congress building:
--> '''Henri:''' Sam Adams kicked the bucket!
-->'''James:''' Sam Adams is ''dead''?!
-->'''Henri:''' No, he kicked ''my'' bucket! Water everywhere! Ugh, what a mess!
* '''All''' of Lafayette's arrival.
** When inside of Ben Franklin's workshop, Lafayette looks around. This happens.
--> '''Lafayette:''' Henri, you said you would take us to the Continental Congress!
--> '''Henri:''' I said I ''could'' take you to the Continental Congress.
** When James and Sarah meet Lafayette and De-Kalb:
--> '''Sarah:''' [obviously awed by the presence of noblemen] A baron ''and'' a marquis!
--> '''James:''' [[SarcasmMode Yeah. We're]]'' [[SarcasmMode so]]'' [[SarcasmMode impressed.]]
--> '''Sarah:''' [kicks James in the shin]
** This bit:
--> '''Sarah:''' Marquis, please, tell us of your trip here.
--> '''Lafayette:''' There is nothing to tell, and I must go.
--> '''Baron De-Kalb:''' Nothing to tell?! He [[UnplannedCrossdressing dressed as a woman to sneak out of France!]]
--> '''Lafayette:''' (Awkwardly) I was [[BlatantLies wearing a merchant's cloak.]]
** Later on:
--> '''Lafayette (Narrating):''' That night, properly disguised–
--> '''Baron De-Kalb (Interrupting the story):''' ''[[LastSecondWordSwap Dressed!]]'' [[LargeHam AS A VOOMAN!]] (Laughs)
--> '''Lafayette:''' ''[[RunningGag I was wearing a merchant's cloak.]]''
--> '''Baron De-Kalb:''' Whatever you say, my friend. [[note]] [[BrickJoke the flashback actually shows Lafayette as a woman, having to keep his skirt down, men on the ship he took to the colonies being confused about him being dressed in such a way, and the wig being the first thing he loses while on his journey.]] [[/note]]
--> '''Lafayette:''' (Talking to George Washington) And then finally, I sneaked out wearing a wig and a dress!
*** Gets a laugh out of George Washington himself.
* After TheReveal about Henri's [[MadeASlave backstory]], tension is obviously high, especially for Sarah. After Henri's installation at Benjamin Franklin's shop is discussed, Henri remarks that Mr. Franklin did something bad. Sarah, obviously expecting something horrific, asks what. Henri proceeds to reveal that it was Franklin's insistence on him learning to read in both French ''and'' English.
* During one of the Now & Then segments:
--> '''Sarah:''' Mr. Shark, you are so uncivilized!