* After witnessing the Creeper eating the cop's tongue, we have this gem:
-->'''Darry''': ''(sarcastically imitating a potential phone call to the police)'' Hey, bum-fuck police, I'm being chased by a guy who likes to pull tongues out of severed heads with his teeth. Is there a special extension for that?
* There's a great visual gag in the scene in which the Creeper eats the cop's tongue -- [[FunnyBackgroundEvent in the background]], a billboard for a delicatessen with the words "TASTES SO DARN GOOD!" can clearly be seen.
* Also, the shot from inside the van of the Creeper tossing a corpse inside it and closing the doors ... [[BlackComedy and then immediately having to open them again and toss the corpse's severed head inside]]. Evidently it'd just slipped the creature's mind that the head was still lying in the road, the first time it shut them.
* "Gay fever?"
* After the siblings first encounter the Creeper (who at this point they assume to be a random asshole motorist):
-->'''Trish''': What the hell was his ''problem''?!
-->'''Darry''': My first guess? ''(leaning out of the window)'' '''[[IncestIsRelative INBREEDIIING]]'''!
* The Missing Persons flyers Darry looks at are full of [[FreezeFrameBonus freeze frame jokes]]. One in the remarks section says "Should be considered Armed and Dangerous. Be sure to bring cookies."